Some things really ticked me off at the meeting last night...

by wantarevolution 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree. The JWs do NOTHING to help the poor and disadvantaged in their own community. I noticed this back when I was a young adolescent. I never understood it.

Why anyone would want to attend meetings after seeing the "troof" for what it is, is beyond me, personally. I can think of alot better ways to spend an evening.......millions matter of fact!

Yeah, I agree with this 100%. I don't see how anyone can sit there and listen to that crap after you know the real truth. It's time to live your life and do all those things you never had time to do as a JW! Life is NOW! You only have ONE SHOT!

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel: Actually poverty is often caused by poor work habits and poor attitude. The Kingdom message which Jesus taught us to teach is very ethical, which helps to fix all of that!
    wantarevolution: I'm sure that the millions of shanty dwellers around the world, who do work are glad to hear you say that. Perhaps in your corner of the world this is the case.

Spike Tassel's reply: The whole caste/ class system, regardless of location, reflects a lack of equality and value for the worth of others as fellow human beings worthy of honour, which reflects the poor work habits and poor attitude of those who "lord it over the shanty dwellers", whatever the "shanty" may be.

sweetstuff: As for what Tassel said regarding hopeful passages in the bible, well, quite frankly, it's pretty damned hard to listen to the bible 'message' when you can't hear crap all over the grumbling of your stomach. And to suggest that the "bible message" will solve all life's problems, that's a high ivory tower many do not have the luxury of living in today, tomorrow or next year.

Spike Tassel's reply: I don't see a problem with helping such literally-hungry ones. After all, the travelling overseers are fed, so why shouldn't the physically-hungry who also enjoy this message of Kingdom hope. Acts 6 deals with a similar situation. In balance, it is also important to not just have "rice Christians". There are plenty of organizations good at that, which is actually enabling the homeless problem to get worse, in my honest opinion.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Feeding the hungry makes the problem worse. Hahaha! Not feeding the homeless makes them DEAD! Well, if they all die off then there won't be a problem. Okay, I see your point. Keeping them alive just keeps the problem around. Heartless scumbag.

• bohm
    bohm

spike: After all, the travelling overseers are fed, so why shouldn't the physically-hungry who also enjoy this message of Kingdom hope.

question: is it not equally important to feed all, regardless of what message they enjoy or do not enjoy? or your definition of being christian is so narrow you only want to help those who think like you?

ps

im just curious, why do you talk about yourself in 3rd person?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel
    White Dove: Feeding the hungry makes the problem worse. Hahaha! Not feeding the homeless makes them DEAD! Well, if they all die off then there won't be a problem. Okay, I see your point. Keeping them alive just keeps the problem around. Heartless scumbag.

My Post 645 stated "I don't see a problem with helping such literally-hungry ones." The problem of HOMELESSNESS being exacerbated [which I had in mind] is related to the "social gospel" where the beneficiaries aren't interested in morality and wouldn't attend Christian meetings anyway, such as with addictions and other unrepentant lawless behaviour and attitudes.

bohm: is it not equally important to feed all, regardless of what message they enjoy or do not enjoy? or your definition of being christian is so narrow you only want to help those who think like you? ps im just curious, why do you talk about yourself in 3rd person?

The "social gospel" is not what was practiced by Jesus Christ and his true disciples. [Why give to unappreciative people, if they refuse the bais of the gift?] My definition of Christian is someone who is conscientiously doing their best to live by the principles advocated and practiced by Jesus Christ. When the statement is that given by a 3rd party, rather than by myself, I use the 3rd person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit