Apostacloset: BIG NO NO!

by White Dove 36 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I made a mistake when talking to a df'd person I used to know in my old congregation. She was super pioneer at the time, and I just found her on FB and found out she's df'd. I used the word "apostacloset" when explaining that I'll come out of it when the time's right. She said that if I'm an apostate to not contact her anymore. Gosh if that didn't hurt. It made me mad, sad, and shaking a bit all over. Is this reaction normal? I'll never use that word again just because a person is df'd, because df'd doesn't necessarily mean they want out of the org. or it's out of their hearts. Big boo boo.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Didn't mean to post two threads.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yikes! Where's the rewind button...?

yeah, you should never take it for granted that even a df-ed person has anti-JW thoughts... Even though its like, how could they NOT?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes, this is normal.

Many, many DF'd people have never deconstructed the cult.

They're still captive to the concept that it's God's Organization.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was DF for nine years.

I would have been scared of an "apostate" during that time

and not had anything to do with them

along

with all the other beliefs I clung on to.

I always still believed.

purps

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Those who are not Witnesses but who still believe it is the (T)ruth are the saddest of all.

Sorry you just lost your friend again after finding her. The mind control runs deep.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Hah! I like the ads your post generated.

"Easy closets: Create your own space."

You could make your own aposta-closet: containing assembly-protesting placards, shit-kickin' boots, rain coat for repelling the piss-poor excuse for beliefs that the JWs rain down on you... etc.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

funny... a "kid" I knew and was an ultra-dub and MS at one time was DF not long ago...I have no idea for what but I am certain not apostasy.

I still see him sitting at the bakery/cafe that my GF works at reading the NWT "Bible" and the Proclaimers book and Insight...doing his "studying." His goal had been Bethel or MTS...but mental illness caught up with him. For that I feel badly for him. He doesn't fit into the JW world (and never did) and is not accepted by the world outside. Yet, he desperately wants to be reinstated. You can be certain he would throw me under the bus (not that I care) if he found out any "dirt" on me....he would probably use it to trade for his reinstatement.......lol.

I have known other DF'd individuals that want to get back in and still believe all the way that the cult is the "Truthâ„¢"...and that they had a minor lapse in judgement and want to be back in good graces with that bunch of idiots.

one cannot explain the cognitive dissonance....

Snakes ()

• White Dove
    White Dove

I responded that I was not an apostate. According to what I was told, they are the ones that picket assemblies and hold their own WT studies. I don't do that stuff, so I'm not an apostate. I guess now that the definition is any X-believer who doesn't believe anymore. That's such a wrong definition. I thought it meant those who deny the Christ in their hearts. Religious descrimination is so evil. She said that she didn't think I'd hang out with "their sort." So self righteous!

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Would a sincere apology to her for seeming insensitive help? Maybe copy/paste this thread and give it to her?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit