The cult freaks want to stop by to "encourage" me

by JerkhovahsWitless 23 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you absolutely cannot keep avoiding the guy, if Dad brings him right in your face and he doesn't leave when you say
    "I really wish you had called and I don't wish to discuss matters right now," then all that's left is to keep your mouth shut
    and listen.

"Well, Brother JerkhovahsWitless, please let me tell you...YADDA YADDA YADDA. What do you think about that?"

"I wasn't going to answer questions. I didn't even want to discuss this. Thanks for coming by."

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome J'Witless.. (great handle)..

I have mostly my entire family and friends in the cult. Also, a large part of my income, which comes from side-work I do, relies on JW business and their JW referrals.

Two issues here... expect trouble as long as you are living with JW family. You do not state why, nor is it our business why, you are living at home. Apparently you are old enough to be on your own. Until you resolve that situation, you will have to deal with it.

As to the side work you do.... that is something I presume you can do something about. If not, then you are also still chained to the Borg.

Until you can seperate physically (home) and financially (work) from the cultist...you will have to keep dealing with the unwanted visits.

Next time you are confronted, just start humming. Yep, and maybe start twitching....start with subtle eye winks...then maybe a facial muscle twitch...then go with little vocal ticks.... not full blown Tourettes (and not to poke fun at those who have it)...just enough to make the visitors think its really not worth trying to get you back to the hall.... dont need that little distraction during the meetings...

Snakes ()

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, set up an appointment and make sure you are not there (preferably when you are at work). It should be some time into your work shift, since if it's early enough, they might decide to show up early and wait until you are on your way out. If they have to wait several hours, that's time that they should be spending in field circus instead of waiting for you.

Those humanoids would like nothing more than to ruin your job, perhaps by calling when you are on your way to work and holding you up on purpose to make you late. They want you to have to stay with your parents, so they can let the hounders in at will and drag you to all the boasting sessions and out in field circus (and prevent you from ever finding a job that will allow you to live in your own place). Anything that would allow you to leave your parents would be "You know, that job is really not appropriate for Christians for [stupid, specious reason]" or "Wouldn't that job take you away from the boasting sessions and stop you from pio-sneering?". Really, it would give you the freedom to move out and then ignore the witlesses.

Unfortunately, the government that is setting us up for the One World Totalitarian Government is helping the witlesses by making it impossible for you to create your own job without being hounded by the regulators. Start your own business, and the government will do all it can to shut it down and get huge fines out of you. In effect, they do not want you to make it, either--and they do not give a f*** that they are aiding and abetting the witlesses in the process. All they want is to prevent you (and anyone else) from starting a business that will undermine their control of the economy and allow the country to prosper when they need a depression to force the One World Totalitarian Government. What they don't know is that, in doing so, they could have a One World Totalitarian Government--with Geritt Losch for King.

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

Thanks for the warm welcome

I guess typing my first post in Word and pasting it wasn't a good idea. I didn't realize the style coding would end up in my post... oops.

I'll try to answer the question I was asked.

bluecanary

Are you baptized?

This Friday will mark the 10 year anniversary of my life long dedication to the MLM scam known as the Watchtower Corporation.

Kudra

Will your parents kick you out or cut off fund$ or otherwise make your life difficult if you tell them that you are over the JW religion?

As of a few months ago, my parents know why I haven't been going to meetings. I was having a debate one night with my mom about something in the Bible and history. Well, I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore about what I've been studying for the last few months and let the info go that I believe the Bible to be based off of reworked myths taken from other civilizations. (they don't know any of the information I've gotten from ex-JW sites or that I've been on them)

I guess it was good that they found out then because about a month later my dad decided to stick his nose in my business and open a package that came from Amazon.com addressed to me. It was a book that he about crapped himself over me buying (the book was about Jesus and sun gods). I don't see what the big deal was anyway. The Watchtower's been getting their information from the same type of books, which cast doubts on the Bible, in order to show the "pagan" origins of Easter, Christmas and the trinity, while ignoring other parts of the books that show things like the story of Samson is a solar-myth or there's more similarity between Isis and Mary than just the Catholic Madonna with child/Egyptian Isis with baby Horus statue than the WT will comment on.

Whoa, I went off on a little rant there... Back on topic. Other than the occasional argument when my parents' cult personality snaps, they don't seem like they'd turn on me. They've never been that spiritual, but still remain under WT mind control. Not sure what'd happen if I was DF'ed. They didn't shun my sister who was DF'ed for years. She even moved in. Of course, she wasn't DF'ed for being a mean old apostate atheist. They could still be in denial and think I'll come around, who knows... They don't know that prior to me not going to meetings, I gradually started to realized how cult-like the JWs are. The comparative religious and Bible inaccuracy research came about later after my friend told me he had a hard time believing in a lot of the Bible's stories. The flood being the biggest one for him. I looked for information on the flood online and came across an ex-JW site that showed his research and letters back and forth with the WTS about the flood. I don't remember the url, but it was a good site. He's probably a member here? That website started my interest in what I've been researching.

SnakesInTheTower

You do not state why, nor is it our business why, you are living at home. Apparently you are old enough to be on your own.

This isn't really a question, but I want to reply to it because if I was reading this thread, I'd be curious about why is the loser living at home and how old is he? I don't mind telling people, but I don't want to go into too much detail on the forum. Trying to keep it vague, I'll say its due to a lot of debt, companies I've worked for closing down leaving me with a lot of unemployed time in between jobs and no currently full-time job for well over a year. My age is... I'm old enough to appreciate cartoons like GI Joe, He-Man, the Transformers, Care Bears and *whipsers* the Smurfs.

Next time you are confronted, just start humming. Yep, and maybe start twitching....start with subtle eye winks...then maybe a facial muscle twitch...then go with little vocal ticks.... not full blown Tourettes (and not to poke fun at those who have it)...just enough to make the visitors think its really not worth trying to get you back to the hall.... dont need that little distraction during the meetings...

LOL! If I do that maybe they'll think I'm demonized and be too scared to come by.

daniel-p

Tell them "you've been a little depressed lately."

With my sob story about my finances and employment, that'll even be believable.

Thanks sir82, undercover, wobble, Heaven, OnTheWayOut and SnakesInTheTower for the advice. Sorry if I missed anyone! You've all given me a better idea on what to do and now I'm not worried so much. I'm glad I could make some of you laugh by being both humorous and humourous. I was worried I might come off as really bitter instead of entertaining and bitter.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello and welcome...just say no, you're too busy with work.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

hi and Welcome to the forum....

h4o

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome JKWitless

• siy
    siy

what i say is " I will let you know......when i want a sheperding call"

not had one in ten years!!

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Since i left the Watchchildrennakedtower i haven't been bothered by them once, which is a pity as i'd love to pwn them.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I know the entire elder "encouragement" talk by heart:

"Brotheryouneedtopraymoreattendmeetingsgooutinserviceanddoyoumasturbate?"

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit