What did you dream about doing in the "New System"?

by lurk3r 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I thought it'd be a great opportunity to build and army and enslave everyone. They'd never see it coming! Put shackles on them while they're distracted petting a lion.

• donuthole
    donuthole

A couple of thoughts -- first I thought I would immediately set to work on growing barley and hops and corner the market on beer. I seriously thought about this.

My other thought was to build some kind of amazing sculpture with glass and water running through it ...

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

i didn't know glass could run

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Exactly Bobld! Because this world is so dark to dubs, the opposites (no sickness, death, sin etc) seems like heaven. But they never go into detail. It's always: I'm looking forward to no crime. I'm looking forward to seeing loved ones. I'm looking forward to living forever. And I say, living forever doing what? There has to be a limit on things we can and can't do or else we'd threaten the system. If we built machines to do our work for us wouldn't that count as laziness to jerkovah? So far all I see coming out of the new system is: Farming, petting animals we couldn't before, building our own houses, and talking with ressurected people about what their time period was like (even though such things wouldn't matter at that point). There is no television, internet, music, movies, video games and the like, but if by some slim chance there is, they wouldn't encompass all that they do today. Queen said it best: "Who wants to live forever? Who dares to live forever?"

• Flarke
    Flarke

I always imagined I would live in a huge forest and maybe have a farm, garden, lots of horses and some dogs. And I would be single. And I wanted to be far far away from all the people... LOL Probably why I was a horrible JW, I'm too much of a misanthrope.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I didn't like the idea of an acre of land if push came to shove.

Interestingly the public talk today was about what is real and what isn't. Daydreaming about the new system, we were told, is reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit