What did you dream about doing in the "New System"?

by lurk3r 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I was going to develop travel to other planets. I figured since God didn't make the whole earth a paradise, he wanted humans to turn it into one, that the same would go for the rest of the universe.

• undercover
    undercover

I never really dreamed about the "new system" for some reason. Everytime I started fantasizing about it, too many questions were raised.

Will people resurrected not get to marrry? Why?

Will children be resurrected before their parents? (per one estimation that people would be resurrected in reverse order)

If everyone is perfect, then does that mean we'll have the same capabilities? To play music? Invent? Design?

Will lions and tigers really be safe?

Will I really have to tend my own garden? Can't I hire someone?

Wait, what kind of money will we use? A barter system maybe?

Will ugly people still be ugly? How can one be ugly if perfect? Perfectly ugly?

I mean, it just went on and on. I tried to visualize the resurrection...to see grandparents and friends, but I kept trying to figure out the details. Would there be resurrection pods, where it whirs and spins and out comes a person? Or would they climb out of the ground like a zombie? Or just materialize as if beamed down from the Enterprise?

I think that my brain, deep down, didn't buy into the notion of perfection and paradise and when I tried to go with the WT painted picture, my brain mis-fired and refused to let me go there...

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

I struggled with foreign languages in school, and hated the idea of having to learn Hebrew in the New System... I was hoping Jehovah would just magically make us understand it.

• yknot
    yknot

Well let me see.....

Since I only had a 1000 years until Satan was coming back..... I was going to memorize any religious texts being used in the resurrection and paint in big broad red letters the phrase "at the end of the 1000 years there is going to be a test of loyalties.... chose Jesus and anointed to win the reward!"

The rest of the time I knew I was going to be aiding in the re-education of mass resurrected under whomever was my area's anointed.

In my spare time I would play with my pet lion, finally master string instruments, perfect organic gardening techniques, get to know my more immediate ancestors, have big get-togethers, go on awesome hike/bike expeditions, live near my children and enjoy their happiness, and finally get some nice 'alone time' to read, read, read!....... As for hubby since he wasn't a JW I left open the possibility he wouldn't make it and decided to accept whatever his fate. If he was there great if not....... oh well..... Jehovah would provide.

Now that I think about it..... I can do a lot on that list now or at least in this lifetime since the chance of me growing 'old' in 'this system of things' is becoming a stronger possibility with every passing year.

Bluecanary.... I thought about similar planetary plans too except I figured the first colonies wouldn't be established until the final judgement.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I was much like Undercover. As a small child I, of course, believed it all. That's what my parents taught me. I wanted to have a pet lion like the poster above. But as I got older like 9 or 10 I had too many questions and it just didn't make sense. My mind refused to go there.

• LeHarlot
    LeHarlot

I dreamed how Jehovah would read my heart and replace my then current husband w/ a plethora of new ones.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Thanks very much for sharing all your thoughts and the opportunity to relate.

• bobld
    bobld

I never did or do because I enjoy my life.Only those JW's that have a hard time,always say "I can't wait for the new system."Why do they always say that?Many who have waiting for better things"new system"are gone.When I'am gone,that is it,I do not want to come to life thousands of years from now.This life is good.

Bob

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

bluecanary - I had a similar notion that we'd be able to visit planets/galaxies - since we'd live forever we'd be able to travel wherever and learn all we could about the universe. Oh and I'd marry King David.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

He'd cheat on you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit