demons, demons, demons

by carla 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Jw's are nearly obsessed with demons, they are everywhere, always out to get you, and can apparently inhabit used items, correct? I never hear about good beings or angels within the jw's except for the story about the woman who knocked on the door of a rapist and he supposedly didn't rape her because she had two huge men (angels) standing next to her. Another poster did mention that he/she felt they had two angels 'at their back' when knocking on the door of some creepy place and was comforted by this. To me it seems that jw's believe there are more evil spirits/demons than there are good ones, would that be an accurate conclusion? If that is so, why do they believe God would allow there to be such an unequal amount of good vs evil beings? it is as if they give more power to satan than to God.

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Carla, this is a very interesting question. Taking it a step further, if there are good spirit beings out there, why would only some be protected and not others? Why do some get killed by murderers, die in accidents, etc?

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Probably because they are taught that Satan and his 1/3 of the stars know they are going to be destroyed "very soon." After all they know know they don't have much time left. Satan is said to be the ruler of this world. So of course the demons are going to be in any 2nd hand item, come through the screen of the computer of anyone who dares to go on a site such as this one, and are the reason behind any non-traditional health care practitioners being of any success, music that has a heavy sound to it, and any story that contains violence, sex, or magic, other than the ones written down in the Bible. Satan is in control of this system, and God and his angels are sitting back and watching just who on earth is faithful or not despite anything and everything they go through. The only time the good angels show theirselves is when the number of JWs increase, for that is surely a sign of angelic direction. As far as individual experiences with angels goes - they are not suported by the WT, however, personal experiences with demons - yes, these are written and shared, in order to instill fear and distract JWs and potential JWs from thinking on their own. Because after all, Satan sees when we read or speak anything contrary to the WT and it makes him happy - and we wouldn't ever want him to be happy.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Carla,

If that is so, why do they believe God would allow there to be such an unequal amount of good vs evil beings? it is as if they give more power to satan than to God.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head. The JWs are powerless, quite like their "religion". If the one and only God Almighty is their God then we should see Him at work with the JWs fairly often, like the rest of the people in the bible. As it is, all we have is JWs running scared and powerless.

Actually, their position of lack of power is totally contrary to what is described for believers.

Mark 16:16-18 (New International Version)

16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Luke 10:16-20 (New International Version)

16 "He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."

17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Also, the name they go calling on has no power! Demons do not submit to the name of "Jehovah" at all, call them up and try it for yourself!

Philippians 2:5-10 (New International Version)

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!
    9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth

I do not go searching dark encounters but I will happily trample those "snakes and scorpions" in the mighty name of Jesus.

Those who have the Holy Spirit have nothing to fear.

All the best,

Stephen

• rebel8
    rebel8

carla, there's a very good reason you can't understand this. You're possessed by demons and they're clouding your mind!

To me it seems that jw's believe there are more evil spirits/demons than there are good ones, would that be an accurate conclusion?

Maybe the good ones are busy making the birds bigger so they can consume dead bodies. That right there would take a lot of manpower.

• carla
    carla

Thanks for the replies!

Rebel, oh boy, you have no idea just how right you are!! - my best pic don't you think?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Their obsession with demons is nothing more than a scare tactic. They use it to keep people in line--take a behavior they do not like, cite a case where someone did it and supposedly was attacked by demons, and make a big deal about it. I saw a washtowel article about this (April 15, 1993--the rap and heavy metal issue). A person was listening to thrash metal (and got into it) and got possessed by demons until he threw away the music. To me, that was a blatant attempt to control everyone by publishing this story (true or not)--people are now afraid to listen to heavy metal music.

There are other things they do this with. Smurfs (competing with field circus, so children had to be frightened about them). Yard sale items (people were spending money on things instead of donating it to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, plus wasting field circus browsing flea markets). Tupperware (people were having Tupperware parties instead of field circus). And just about every kind of "misconduct". Notably, the steps are always praying to Jehovah, throwing away the "offending" item or discontinuing the "offending behavior, and doing more boasting session attendance and field circus--once they are doing all that, the demon "attacks" would stop--until someone wants even more out of them.

In fact, I have never had a demon attack. I listen to the bad music, bash Jehovah (often using His own Bible to do so), have a Ouija board, worship the sun (and the Devil) with sun-worship decorations (at that, to slap Jehovah in the face), and I am not afraid to visit Satanic and apostate web sites freely (I even have a couple of books that are openly antitheist). And then I realize that demons only wanted their freedom (their issue was jealousy--wanting what they did not have, rather than envy--wanting to destroy what others had). As such, there is no way they are going to willfully attack.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dubs forget that demons have never killed a single human being. Ever.

Angels have killed a bunch and of course Jehovah has killed more human beings than all the tyrants in the history of the planet put together by a factor of 1000.

The worst news is, Jehovah was only warming up in the past for his main course to be delivered "real soon now(tm)".

If you're gonna be scared of anyone, you'd better be scared of Jehovah. The other bad spirits are just pimples on the Big Guy's behind.

Farkel

• White Dove
    White Dove

I just finished reading The Stand and can tell you that the bird numbers increased and they got very fat off of the dead humans. However, the birds couldn't keep up with the number of dead so the survivors had to bury them by the truck loads. Randall Flagg (Satan) on the other hand lost his mind and ended up herding uncivilized natives in South America. That Satan couldn't even speak their language.

That is as real as Satan is to me: Just a work of fiction with a moral to the story.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I thought Flagg gathered his minions in Las Vegas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit