Our 1st Tree

by Mulan 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

So cool Mulan. We are enjoying our tree this year too. First one for us in many years. I tell you, with 900 lights on it, the neigbors lights go dim when we plug it in. I haven't seen my wife this happy in many years.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

That is so cool. I am so happy for you.

My first Christmas, I didn't put up a tree. But for the next one, we put up an 8 footer and it was grand! Enjoy your tree!

Merry Christmas!

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

..........and hubby says when Christmas is over, we can eat the tree.

Mrs. Rocky: when you have family dropping in unexpectedly, and don't want trouble, you are doing the right thing in not having a tree. The only one that would come here, that would worry me, is my mother, and she can't drive, so it will never be an unexpected visit. So, I don't have to worry. I don't care anyway, anymore, so no biggie.

But your family is a different story. Your Dad would pop by just to see if you had a tree, I'll bet, even if he did have to drive 4 hours to get there. It's not likely this time of year, though, is it? With the snow in the passes and all?

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

{{{{HUGS}}}} Mulan...

Enjoy that tree. Rosemary, huh? It must smell wonderful. This is my first tree in 11 years. All the girls and my Mom have been giving me ornaments. One friend at work is married to a minister. She gave me a Lenox cream and gold trimmed china cross for the tree. The others are giving me Christmas Mice decorations because that is what I used to collect and am now starting all over.

The Christmas cards are amazing. Thanks everyone. {{{}}} They are from everywhere around the world...and I do mean everywhere. It's just amazing. It really made my Christmas.

Trot

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• alfie
    alfie

Hi there all,
    We too in our family have finally made the leap into Christmas with all the trimmings.Our "worldly"relatives have welcomed us with open arms and happy tears.As it's the very first Christmas for our daughter,son-in-law and granddaughter,we've decided to celebrate with just the five of us,and our families think that is great.In my pre-witness days,I loved Christmas and,as I write,am about six feet in the air.My wife still feels a little funny,but she's finding it easier with each passing day.Well,MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.

What's it all about?
    alfie

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Congratulations Mulan! This is my second Christmas ever and we still have the small artificial tree. I had to move it into my bedroom yesterday because my Dad called and said he was coming over. I kept wondering if there was some decoration that I missed.....laying around on the floor. I'm glad I did because another JW relative showed up unexpectedly a little later. I'm getting a little more careless as time goes by.
    Takes a while to really get into it.

TimB

• Mrs Rocky
    Mrs Rocky

We don't expect dad to show up any time too soon. Rocky kicked him out of here 10 years ago. He's only been to our place once since then, a grandchild's graduation. But we're still not free and clear. Close friends of my sis have relatives here. Found out they were over visiting this weekend. So the tree went into the daughter's bedroom, which is why we have such a small tree (foot tall). We don't want to totally alienate my dad because Rocky loves to kick hornests nests. We have another graduation in the future and he's looking for the opportunity to have some fun and mess with dad's mind.

Love Joy Peace and enjoy your leisurely Sunday!
    Mrs R

Love Joy Peace
    Mrs R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit