What Freedoms Do You Enjoy That You Couldn't As A Witness?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

For the sisters--not wearing pantyhose or trying to find a pair that did have a snag or a whole in them!! Having a relaxing weekend without feeling guilt.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Freedom of worship.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Freedom to think...

to listen to what I like without having to "consider the other person's conscience"

to surf the net and post here

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I don't have to wear pantyhose unless I want to.

I don't have to wear a dress or skirt unless I want to. ( I usually wear pants)

I sleep in on Sunday Mornings if I want to.

I go to any church I choose if I want to.

I read science books, medical books or magazine articles.

I enjoy listening and reading to other's beliefs on God and sprituality. I like to listen to varying beliefs. Then I decide what I believe.

I have sex with my husband any way that I want to.

• Free
    Free

Sex, Drugs and Rockin roll !!! But on a more serious note I was introduced to this Cult in my early 20's, a time in life when you think you know

everything and no one will tell you different. I see now in my late 30's how goofy,moldable,guidable and gullible most people are in those years.

After exiting the Cult I did not feel true freedom until I decided to look up stuff on the internet and found Rays 1st book. After reading it my eyes became open even more.

It wasn't long after that I found this site and the rest is history. I now come and go here, Sometime's months in between visits. I am glad it has survied to help others.

I have forgotten how to put a tie on and I love it, It's one of the first things I find out about any new jobs I am seeking (Tie's need not apply)

I never really drank to much, Not that I can say the same about some Witnesses ( One lush after the other, At least where I was from )

I don't feel any guilt now when I burn one down . My favorite weakness then, and pass time now.

When I was thinking about my name for this board I couldn't think of any better then Free.

It was actually a successful fade, I had no family in and no real friends, No one ever tries to contact me and it's great, Its been like over 4 years ( I have the same phone # I always have ) Funny how they knew my phone # when they needed something like shoveling snow or rebuilding the Cult hall though. I haven't been DF'ed yet because I still see some brain deads who work at the wholesale store that make small talk with me.

The Sheppards of the flock ( Yeah right !!! ) Have let this one go and the once Blind Sheep has become a Free Bird

Time waits for no one and time won't wait for me.

Time is the freedom I like the most. as well as 1000 things that I could also mention.

Free

• The Berean
    The Berean

The freedom to live AND die as I please!

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Going to college.

Not worrying about how long my skirt is.

Enjoying the sun on my legs, instead of being tied up in nylons.

Going to the evening services when I don't want to get up for the morning one. Or skipping a week or two without being badgered.

Making friends with anyone I wish. Going to coffee or lunch on a whim with new aquaintances, not worrying about the appearance of inappropriateness. Basing friendships on chemistry instead of rules and service records.

Having a party to celebrate anything good that happens, including becoming one day older, America's B-Day, my Steelers kicking the Cardinals butt.

I know there are some repeats, but these were important to me.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What Freedoms Do You Enjoy That You Couldn't As A Witness?

The freedom to kick myself in the ass for EVER allowing a group of total strangers to take all of my freedoms away; the freedom to make the choice that I will never let that happen again.

Let the good times roll!

Farkel

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I enjoy watching the news and not thinking that every catastrophe is another sign that the end will be this week. It is possible to relax and not suffer from JW Xenophobia. W.Once

• inkling
    inkling

oh, what's the word for it...

oh ya, "thinking".

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit