What Freedoms Do You Enjoy That You Couldn't As A Witness?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As JWs, we were in bondage to the Organization, its rules and its whims. Now, we do not have to follow their direction and believe that whatever we were being told was by "theocratic" arrangement.

So, what freedoms do you have now that you have been liberated?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I have long hair. I haven't had a hair cut in over three years. I never had long hair in my life until now.

I haven't worn a suit for over three years either.

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

For many males, the dress shirt and tie were history!

Sleeping in on Sunday mormings is GREAT!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I love Sunday mornings, coffee on the porch.

I no longer fear a science book.

I am interested in hearing, and thinking about, what others think about god and spirituality.

I now think that the world is a pretty good place.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I left the Witnesses so I could be free to partake of Simon's spiritual banquet on JWN with a clear conscience. The food on the Watchtower's table was getting rotten.

BTS

• minimus
    minimus

The freedom to simply disagree is something not to be taken for granted!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I don't mean this to be too general, but just the ability to think for myself and honor my own thoughts.

I don't mean to make the mistake that just because I now can think for myself, that all my thoughts and opinions are valid, but lets face it, we weren't allowed.

If a person shined as an individual in the congregation, the elders were quickly there to read all the scriptures and WT articles on "pride being a snare of the devil." Well, they can suck my snare.

Individuality and thinking for yourself is the oil to the borgs water. That to me is the ultimate freedom.

• oompa
    oompa

now that i am "worldly" yet still the "head" of my marriage to JW........i now get to have sex in a couple of places i never got to before....(and i aint talkin about in a boat, on the hood of the car)........LMAO!!!!........................oompa

• mouthy
    mouthy

1. I shop at the Salvation Army second hand shop,
    2.I give Birthdays cards & money to all I love.
    3 .I send out Valentines cards,
    4.If I feel like going in a Church to listen ,,ANY CHURCH I do
    I also go into ANY church to give my testimony
    5.I preach the word, that tells ALL I meet that JWS is a Cult.
    6.I give Christmas gifts to all I care to,
    7.I donate to other "RELIGIONS"( not that I believe all they teach
    but they go over to other countries to feed the hungry( Peoples Church Toronto)
    8. I say what I feel like saying( Elders told me NOT to do that)
    9. I believe in a Creator.I dont care if others do or not.Love em anyway.
    10. I do go into laundry Mats...Not to deposit the mags, to chuck em out.
    ........................................................................................................................

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Analytical thought pursued by curious investigation to achieve a balanced sense of reasoning..

The typical mantra from the leaders of the JWs is to don't question just obey us and good things will happen to you.

In matter of fact they purposely instill a sense of fear upon anyone questioning what they say and put forth.

Its that we are god's personally directed organization so questioning us is tantamount to question god himself.

In other words do exactly what we say or we will kick you out of god's organization and your own destruction is eminent.

In practical sense they've created themselves their very own kingdom where they themselves are the designated rulers of this kingdom.

The biggest freedom that I personally enjoy is really knowing the truth about life itself and about the very world we live in.

I enjoy living outside the huge walls of the Watchtower kingdom in pure freedom away from the mental slavery within it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit