Quickfire Questions to ask JW's at your door?

by ThomasCovenant 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Occassionally (very) I have met JW's that don't know me and I would like to ask them something to make them think.

Any suggestions for quick, simple, thought provoking questions to ask JW's that you may meet?

I seem to remember 'V' did a youtube question along the lines of,

''How can you belong to a religion that allows blood fractions to be transfused?''

Any others?

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Question 1) What is the scriptural support for elders to meet, in secret, to judge the guilt, innocence or repentance of a member of the congregation?

Question 2) Why have you not answered my question?

The trick is to keep them on subject. Of course, they may use 'theocratic warfare' and deny that they do that. That was my father's response to my questioning. How he managed to justify trying to pull that off with me I really don't understand. He must think I am completely stupid. I didn't bother to tell him I had the Elder's Manual. He knows he had to lie to me, and I am satisfied with that.

Cheers

Chris

• asilentone
    asilentone

Black Sheep, talk to them about Thecoratic Warfare and make them very uncomfortable as possible.

• blondie
    blondie

The problem with asking jws about blood fractions, very few understand the implication or even what blood fractions are in the WTS vocabulary. You almost have to lead them a bit by asking them if they knew that so-called no-blood products actually contain hemoglobin derived from expired human blood (and animal blood). That unless stored blood were used to manufacture these products, they would not be available.

*** g 8/06 p. 11 The Real Value of Blood ***

What Are Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen Carriers?Within each red blood cell are some 300 million hemoglobin molecules. Hemoglobin represents about one third of the volume of a mature red cell. Each molecule contains the protein globin and a pigment called heme—which includes an iron atom. When a red blood cell passes through the lungs, oxygen molecules penetrate the cell and attach themselves to hemoglobin molecules. Seconds later, the oxygen is discharged into body tissue, sustaining the life of the cells.

Some manufacturers now process hemoglobin, releasing it from human or bovine red blood cells. The extracted hemoglobin is then filtered to remove impurities, chemically modified and purified, mixed with a solution, and packaged. The end product—not yet approved for use in most lands—is called a hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier, or HBOC. Since the heme is responsible for the rich red color of blood, a unit of HBOC looks just like a unit of red blood cells, the primary component from which it is taken.

Unlike red blood cells, which must be refrigerated and discarded after a few weeks, the HBOC can be stored at room temperature and used months later. And since the cell membrane with its unique antigens is gone, severe reactions due to mismatched blood types pose no threat. However, compared with other blood fractions, the HBOC presents more challenges to conscientious Christians, who seek to obey God’s law on blood. Why? As long as the HBOC is derived from blood, there are two objections that may be raised. One, the HBOC carries out the key function of a primary component of blood, the red cells. Two, hemoglobin, from which the HBOC is derived, makes up a significant portion of that component. Regarding this and similar products, then, Christians face a very serious decision. They must carefully and prayerfully meditate on Bible principles concerning the sacredness of blood. With a keen desire to maintain a good relationship with Jehovah, each must be guided by his Bible-trainedconscience.—Galatians 6:5.

And here the WTS shows on the healthcare proxy it provides that it is a choice for jws.

*** km 11/06 p. 5 How Do I View Blood Fractions and Medical Procedures Involving My Own Blood? ***

RED CELLS HEMOGLOBIN—33% OF RED CELLS

A protein that transports

oxygen throughout the body

and carbon dioxide to the ………… I accept

lungs. Products being hemoglobin

developed from human or or

animal hemoglobin could be ………… I refuse

used to treat patients with hemoglobin

acute anemia or massive

blood loss.

HEMIN—LESSTHAN

2%OFREDCELLS

An enzyme inhibitor

derived from hemoglobin

that is used to treat a ………… I accept hemin

group of rare genetic or

blood disorders (known ………… I refuse hemin

as porphyria) that affect

the digestive, nervous,

and circulatory systems.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Ask them who "the Alpha and the Omega" is!

They will reply "Jehovah God".

However, if you read each chapter where the name appears you will see it is Jesus Revelation 1 Revelation 21 Revelation 22

All the best,

Stephen

• wobble
    wobble

Ask them to prove, from the Bible, that the FDS was chosen by Jesus in 1918/9 .

I have asked two Elders,one Mini Serv and one sister this question,they all promised to get back to me, none have.

Love

Wobble

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

asilentone.

Younger JWs have often not heard of 'theocratic warfare'. My wife denied that they taught it any more.

If you are going to bring that up, you have to know how to support it.

If you have the net available here is how to find it without a link

Ask your JW to Google Watchtower. Top hit will be the official website. Click on it.

Type truth untruth into the search box. Top hit will be Why Be Truthful? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site Click on it.

Theocratic Warfare is described, but not by that name, or any other name, in the paragraph under "What is a lie?

Cheers

Chris

• snapdragon4
    snapdragon4

With many JWs debating scripture can be counter productive but I have found questions such as the following challenge their world view.

"I appreciate your sincerity but tell me, if your beliefs were wrong, would you want to know?"

"If Jehovah's Witnesses didn't exist would it be possible to be a Christian and be saved?"

• oompa
    oompa

PLEASE do not use "quickfire questions"!!! (sorry Thomas C)

These will shut down the simple jw mind, or like blondie says....they wont have the knowledge in their little brain they should have

soooo.....take just a little time and show "genuine" interest.....get them excited about a "good call".......study just ten minutes a week and then gradually ask "sincere" questions......you may have a chance then......but most dubs will not call back nor want a study unless you land a excited pioneer............oompa

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Ask them if there has always been representatives of the Faithful and Discreet slave "class" on earth since the day

of Pentecost to dispense "spiritual food" at the proper time, who was it before C.T.Russell?

Or in other words who handed the reins of power and control over to C.T.?

Next question is can they show you proof texts to back it up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit