Funeral program from Michael Jacksons memorial/message from Rebbie

by Pandoras cat11 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

I know there have been many MJ threads and probably everyone is sick to death of hearing of this event---but I just had to share this message from the funeral program. One of our local DJ's was able to go to the Staples center and attend this memorial and he shared the program on the radio stations website. The website wouldn't let me cut and paste it here, so I will write word for word what Rebbie (his sister) wrote to him.

I love you so much and I'm looking forward to the time when I'll see you again on Earth (John 5:28-29). I know this something you not only cherished but talked about with others. Then the world will be a paradise, a place free from corruption and poverty. Then the world will be a place of true peace and serenity. This is what we were all looking to, then I'll see you again. Sleep in peace, because as the Bible says, you're just asleep and I look forward to life without end at last. (Psalms 37:29)

Your sister Rebbie

The Dj read this particular message and got all choked up. Crap, it makes me choke up too, only because it is such a simple and beautiful thought. It is unfortunate that religion dictates who this applies too... Also, I wonder if she truly believes this or just used this as an occasion to witness.

Thoughts?

Oh, if you want to see this actual message from the program along with all the other pictures, pm me and I will give you the Website

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

CRAP--I spelled memorial wrong in my title. What a dingbat. How can I edit it?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You cant grab your crouch or do the Moonwalk in Paradise...sorry Rebbie but Mike won't be there.

"Life without end at last." ......I hate that friggin song.

• sir82
    sir82

Nice message, but I wonder how many people who have read that know that Rebbie's religion mandated that she should have utterly shunned her brother for the last 20 or so years of his life? And this this message, written after he had died, was likely her first attempt at communication with him for 20+ years? That is, if she was following what the Governing Body dictates.

There's something painfully sad about a religion that allows such heartfelt expressions to be given to family members only after it is too late.

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Witness 007--That's funny!! (He couldn't sing "Dirty Diana"either). Sir82, I agree with you. As it is, I'm surprised she was there at the Staples center. The private funeral was earlier. Any spiritually minded witness would have avoided this event because it would have fallen under "interfaith". I always thought that was stupid..

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

well if mike cant go into the paradise, then i will stay home too.

• Mary
    Mary

Regardless of Michael Jacksons failings and bizarre life-style, I can empathize with Reba because I know all too well what it's like to lose a younger sibling before their time. Short of losing a child, I don't think there's anything more painful and in that she has my deepest sympathy.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Boy, they got the infomercial in there.

I'm sure they are counting it as a sly great witness.

Problem is, the Bible doesn't really exactly promise that. The WT does.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I remember when my "worldly" relative died. This elder kept consoling us with, "Now tht she has died and payed for her sins, she will be in the paradise."

I asked them why she would be accepted now, when she knew "the truth" and rejected it in this life. He explained that only the wicked would not be resurrected.

So, I imagine this is likely the thinking of Rebbie about her brother. It never made sense to me that if you died, you were forgiven, but if you lived to the big A, you would be destroyed.

I feel sorry for Rebbie, as well as the rest of the family, most of all, the children. This life is uncertain and difficult. I see no reason to lay down rules for the next life, when we can barely get through this one.

• undercover
    undercover
    I know this something you not only cherished but talked about with others. Then the world will be a paradise, a place free from corruption and poverty. Then the world will be a place of true peace and serenity. This is what we were all looking to, then I'll see you again.

I'm trying real hard to not say what I really want...

...hopefully the 30 minute window of edit ability will pass with my self-control intact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit