Yet Another New Member

by BadAssociation 13 Replies latest jw friends

• BadAssociation
    BadAssociation

I am yet another new member to the group because, surprise surprise, being a JW makes me miserable. I have been raised in the "truth" and have been hating it for a very long time. The congregation that I attend is a snake pit, full of judgemental, brain-washed witnesses who will report your every move. They do not care about you unless you are "somebody" in their eyes. I rarely go to the precious meetings and I haven't been out in service in years. I have never been happier. Even in my lack of participation, I still cannot go out with "worldly" friends and be seen without having to suffer the consequences. However, in a few months I will leave the organization for good...I am counting the days. LOL. I hope to hear from you all soon. :)

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

BadAssociation,

You don't sound to happy.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Congratulations in advance BadAssociation. My son (21) left less than a year ago and I know he has been having a great time.

Borgfree

"You can fool some of the people all of the time" especially if you are a member of the WT GB
  • Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, BA. Have fun in life's little journey. j2bf

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Welcome to the board!

You are not alone. I hope you stick around.

Slipnslidemaster: MerryChristmas!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Welcome to the board.

Astute observation, Fred.

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

Welcome, it only gets better from here! You sound as if you are still young? If so, or even if not, now is a great time to take some time to do some things for yourself, like get that job you always really wanted, go to college, and/or take up some hobby you never had time for!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

WELCOME ABOARD!

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome! Isn't it great when you wake up and realize that the reason for your feeling of malaise cannot be cured by more field service, more study, better meeting attendance and preparation, but by looking within yourself and figuring out what you know is right for you?

Life is good.

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• Andee
    Andee

Welcome, Bad Association!

Stick around. The one thing people are NOT here is, brain dead . Oh, and we also disagree, ALOT.

However, lots of cool folks here.

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit