Have you heard of the Field Service Application on the I-phone for JW's?

by awildflower 14 Replies latest jw friends

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

"This app has been well thought out and would work very well in the field.. In saying that I have done some research on this subject and found that: For some years now the Society has recommended that record keeping for Field Service should be completed on the "house to house rocord" slips and NOT kept electronically on a computer or electronic device.With that in mind, using this application is a matter for each persons conscience. I for my part have decided not to use this application. Before doing so it might be a good idea to do some research into this matter, ask Jehovah for help, maybe ask the Elders for their knowledge on the subject and as a last resort only, contact the Society."

Oh, please - I'm going to pray to God or ask my spiritual leaders for advice on using an electronic organizer. Although most JWs shouldn't even own an I-Phone. The CA last fall demonized any electronic device that was either expensive or required a manual to learn how to operate (because that is money and time we could be devoting to the life-saving preaching work!) I can't believe a year ago I would have thought the same thing. I know if I had read this a year ago, I would have nodded knowingly and felt a twinge of guilt if I had even considered using the program.

jwfacts said it best: that the term "conscience matter" is an effective means of identifying "spiritually weak" JWs.

SM

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

I'm still looking for a copy of the most current wt library for the iPhone/IPod Touch (isilo format). Any ideas?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have the low tech method of tracking my theocraptic activities. I just don't do any.

And, if (when) I get recaptured, it will not be my problem to track my activities--I will simply dog it and put zeros in all the boxes anyways. The pay sucks, so why do anything?

• rebel8
    rebel8

using this application is a matter for each persons conscience. I for my part have decided not to use this application. Before doing so it might be a good idea to do some research into this matter, ask Jehovah for help, maybe ask the Elders for their knowledge on the subject and as a last resort only, contact the Society.

jwfacts, I assume you're kidding......that isn't a real comment from a dub, is it?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    the secretary uses downloaded software to keep all the cong. records

Gee ! just think of all the time I spent with old fashioned paper and pen, to say nothing of the rotten Accounts I once did....Doh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit