Other than Michael Jackson, Prince and the Williams sisters, What other entertainmenter and sports figures are JW?

by lehigh01 35 Replies latest jw friends

• lehigh01
    lehigh01

I know of a few others.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

retired baseball players Lou Whitaker and Chet lemon

recently retired pitcher for the Pitt Pirates Salomon Torres

Current baseball player Jerry Hairston Jr???

• sir82
    sir82

By the way, Venus and Serena are NOT JWs...they have never been baptized. They might think they are JWs because they were raised that way and have family friends who are, but they are not baptized and thus can not be disfellowshipped.

Going way back, there was a famous (at the time) NBA basketball player who quit to become a JW - Dave Meyers. He was most famous for being part of the trade that sent Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to the LA Lakers.

Larry Graham (of Sly & the Family Stone) is a JW.

Teresa Graves (had a TV show in the 70's, Get Christie Love), is a JW.

Wait a minute...am I dating myself?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Sir82, Teresa Graves is now deceased. She was in a fire in her own home.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

I think jazz man George Benson is a JW.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ahh yes Dave Meyers...

There was also a man who was set for the NBA draft in the 80's- Daniel Solomon...but decided to become a JW instead.

Sad.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Prince (?)

Also... I know one or two - now deceased - that either used to be JWs - or claimed to be JW.

Rick Nelson - and his mom & dad... of course - Rick died in a plane crash - if I recall correctly.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Tommy Reynolds, of Hamilton Joe Frank & Reynolds. At least he was back in the '70s. My in-laws had him over for dinner one night.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some of the Wayans Brothers.

Mickey Spillane, well he's dead I believe.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

There was an awake article that gave the experience of Tom Edur, a hockey player from the 70's. The article made it sound like he was a star and he left a prosperous hockey career to be a witness. He was quoted as saying he left because he didn't like the violence. I looked up his stats.......he sucked!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit