Will this hurt?

by PollyAnnaBanana 29 Replies latest jw friends

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

Polly, certainly there's no need for you to feel as if you 'have' to share this info with this board, though of course if you want to we'll be happy to listen. The yoyos of this board don't deserve to demand it from you. BTW, your story sounds like oh so many others here. The lies, gossip and quick judgements are quite typical in the JW world. How dare you think for yourself!

You have a golden opportunity to go forward from this and better yourself, enjoy a chance for a better education, being with people YOU like, not just because they are 'approved' association.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

PollyAB,

You're cool for being human and doing some thinking. What you may soon experience is being "born" into the real world. Yeah, you might get slapped on the ass and it will sting...but will it ever get you to open your eyes and see what is going on!

Commend your spirit and your humaness! Make yourself proud of yourself and always be true to yourself not a bunch of rules and memes.

We are fellow survivors in varying degrees of recovery. Some of us are pathogenic and delight in hurting others because of our own pain but most of us really care and want to see you happy.

Cha Cha Cha

Skipper

• Satanus
    Satanus

Banana

When you come out of a repressive situation, freedom looks like a vacuum. But there is a lot contained in that freedom/vacuum. It takes a while to get used to.

The accusations against you are a lot like mine were. I spent a year asking challenging questions. I thought i had the anointing experience. That was a big nono too. I was seen going into a strip joint, but that never came up in the judicial meetings. My only crimes were questioning and claiming a spiritual experience.

Hang in there!

SS

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

At least you have your best freind with you. I was disfellowshipped around the same time as three of my best freinds - we've been a great support to each other.

As for that Judicial Committee - they are just men. These humans are just perhaps a bit older than you and becuase they have willies have been given a position of responsibility within one of thousands of religious sects in this world. Doesn't make them any more powerful or deserving of your respect than anyone else - you make up your own rules from now on. (It was so liberating when I finally worked this out for myself!).

You go girl - we are all behind you. Yes, this will hurt a little but at least the wounds of your upbringinging will begin to heal...

Much love

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Miss Eff,

Great words and a really good perspective on elders. (The heart may be the seat of motivation but a willy is the source of all power...reminds me of a Billy Connolly joke!)

When it comes to choosing who our friends are and who we wish to associate with what right do other people (elders) have to force a person to comply with their dictatorial shunning directives? I guess human rights is just another aspect of the hypocrisy of the Watchtower people. Polly, you are on the way out whatever happens. Have a safe journey, the destination is worth it.

Thirdson

• PollyAnnaBanana
    PollyAnnaBanana

Thanks everyone for your responses! They really meant a great deal to me.

My mother called me today and asked why I wasn't at the meeting last night (the elders wanted to confront me with my disobedience of not heeding their counsel). I told her I was taking a vacation from meetings, etc. because it was too stressful (read: controling and manipulative) and I would let her, and any one else, know when I was ready to attend again.

I pioneered my last year in high school and the following year. Then I decided to work full time so I could have my own apartment which I really enjoy. Now, I hope they will just leave me alone.

Polly

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Polly: Welcome to freedom! You seem to have the intelligence and innate decency to come through this transition in fine shape. You are NOT alone! Please remember this: those 'elders' have only as much power over you as you give them. Here is Mommie's best advice: keep doing what you're doing. When they call, be polite, and thank them for their concern, and tell them you will call them if you want to talk. If they 'drop by', don't invite them in, but simply say 'sorry you caught me at a really bad time, I'll call you when it's convenient for me," and close the door. Then don't ever call them.

You're on the right track hon. Don't let them discourage you. Life is not to be feared. As Professor Dumbledore told Harry Potter, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." JWs live on a thin gruel of promises of better, future times. Or to paraphrase Auntie Mame, "Life is a banquet and those poor bastards are starving to death."

One more quote, from Baba Ram Dass, "Be Here Now."

You may lose the conditional love of poor deluded JWs, but you will find true friends and a meaningful life outside that small closed community.

The real world, warts and all, is a fine fine place. Welcome to it Polly.

As always,
    Mommie Dark

• Perry
    Perry

Enjoyed your post Polly. Just remember that you still need to be true to yourself whether or not the elders are in your life. All those articles about people getting on drugs, getting diseases, and getting killed because they stopped going to meetings can only happen if you trade one set of controlling people for another. You know who you are and what your standards are. Never leave them whether you go to meetings or not. Make wise choices, good luck and please don't fall for the false predictions by making unwise decisions.

Perry

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

POLY GIRL, WELCOME TO THIS GREAT GROUP OF FRIENDS WHO REALLY CARE ABOUT YOU. YOU ARE NOW SPREADING YOUR WINGS AND NOW ITS TIME TO SOAR. DON'T STOP. IT TAKES COURAGE AND GUMPITION TO LEAVE A WORLD OF CONFINEMENT. I WAS IN THE ORG. FOR 37 YRS AND YES IT DID HURT FOR A WHILE WHEN I LEFT AS I LOST ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS I HAD FOR MOST OF MY LIFE AND I KNOW THE FEELINGS OF ANGUISH YOU WILL HAVE IN YOUR MIND AND HEART. THE COST IS GREAT, BUT IN THE END YOU WILL RECIEVE DIVIDENDS THAT WILL MAKE YOU RICHER THAN YOU EVER IMAGINED. YOU HAVE YOUTH ON YOUR SIDE, IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO WAKE UP AND GET THE COURAGE TO WALK AWAY. AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID. I REFUSED AND NEVER WENT BEFORE THE J.C.. I CHOOSE TO LET ME AND GOD WORK IT OUT,BECAUSE NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE YOU. THAT IS UP TO GOD. LIKE SOMEONE MENTIONED EARLIER DID JESUS HAUL PEOPLE IN AND BROWBEAT THEM. NO HE DID NOT. TAKE YOUR CHANCES WITH GOD AND IN THE MEANTIME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHAT OR EMAIL ME FEEL FREE. NOW GO GIRL, DON'T LOOK BACK JUST LOOK STRAIGHT AHEAD. YOUR LIFE HAS ONLY BEGUN. SO FLY AND FIND YOUR NEW PERCH AMONG FRIENDS WHO CARE AND LOVE YOU. ALL THE BEST TO YOU, HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!AND NOW WITH THE DAWNING OF 2002 ITS TIME TO LIVE FOR YOURSELF. LIKE ALL WOUNDS YOUR HURTS WILL HEAL, TRUST ME. LIFE IS A GREAT ADVENTURE ENJOY HUN..
    LOTS OF LOVE XOXOXO
    ORANGEFATCAT-TERRY

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Polly,
    Welcome and congratulations on your new found freedom. I wanted to give you a tip. If the Elders demand to see you at your home, and they call first, just say no thanks. Being just men, and nothing more, they don't even have the right to be in your apartment. This is what I finally did, and the Elders have not been back since. I suppose they and I have a unspoken agreement. I won't go to the Kingdumb Hell, and they will not come to my house.

The world is definitly better on the outside, and I am glad you have that friend that is two years older that you can turn to. Whatever you do, don't date or marry a JW, I am a man and as a former JW, a JW man is big on his headship. (POWER OVER HIS WIFE) Women are co-equals in the household, and a JW man will never accept that. It took me a long time to finally learn how to respect a woman, and now that I have, my life couldn't be more complete. Good luck with your new found freedom.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit