"Our dear Watchtower .... our precious magazine..."

by drwtsn32 26 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

A couple of observations:

The big WT looked like a 'dub only' study version. I know that it's easy enough for inactive family members to score these, but Conan O'Brien? So much for that channel of light to be kept in check...

The skit wasn't that funny to me. The SNL 'land shark' skit. Now, that was funny. I was a young JW and thought it was funny, though my parents were insulted by it.

...the study version of our dear Watchtower with the words Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom prominently on the front cover. It was over-sized and appeared to be an exact duplicate of our precious magazine.
    Dubs wouldn't bat an eyelid at a sketch presenting a Bible, they sadly believe their literature is more important

I would've been embarrassed myself, had I still been in, but you're right. The ones that are truly indoctrinated see the sketch and the guys carrying the magazine and feel an emotional attachment to it...to the point of calling it 'dear' and 'precious'. If the faux brothers were carrying a Bible, these same dubs who saw this skit would not have had an emotional reaction to is as they did the magazine.

A Christian should hold the Bible as sacred, as precious and dear. Yet JWs hold the WT publications in higher esteem than the Bible. They'll argue the point, but the reactions to things like this skit prove otherwise.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I think most JWs eat this stuff up. Being on the butt end of a joke fulfills several needs they have. It strokes their ego because it proves to them that people know of them and their preaching work and it fills the need they have to feel that they are being persecuted by the "world".

Absolutely!

And you know that some JW's actually enjoy seeing "apostates" and "opposers" making comments. They love being "persecuted." One JW was even surprised that no apostates had made an appearance in the comment section (yet).

• Waffles
    Waffles

LOL hilarious! Pretty schocked that they had a study copy of the WT blown up for use. Wonder if the Brooklyn Bastards are going to sic their lawyer hounds on Conan...

• chickpea
    chickpea

same mild surprise that
    it was a k00l-aid edition

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm cracking up at the comments... 'conan should know that is our PRIVATE version and we'd NEVER offer it in public, joke is on HIM'

Haahahaha! OMG, like that is a point of recommendation, are they kidding?

This one is priceless: "at least we are known for being clean and neat." LMAO!!! Okay, then.

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

The joke is on us, they actually placed literature. I'll bet whoever phonied up that Kool-aid edition will count their time in creating it and count it as a placement, too. I'm not holding my breath for a return visit though.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hey Odrade...good to see you! Hope all is well with you guys... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit