"Our dear Watchtower .... our precious magazine..."

by drwtsn32 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Holy shit?

• blondie
    blondie

I always wondered about the stories about how painstakingly the WT was copied by hand and smuggled into a country. Didn't they have access to a bible; wasn't that enough? What is more important, having a bible and no WT or having a WT but no bible?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I cannot believe I was ever a part of such monumental stupidity.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Exactly, Blondie.

That was the one thing that irritated me so in the 1974 YB accounts of how JW's fared in Nazi Germany.

All the talk about tearing out pages of the WT magazine and risking their lives to smuggle them into prisons and concentration camps really hit a raw nerve!

I thought, shouldn't the Bible be sufficient? What about early Christians who never heard of a Bible?

Sheesh!

Sylvia

• donuthole
    donuthole

I like how the e-mail is spun so that the JW was not actually watching the show, simply having it on the background, they were even SHOCKED by it --

How much you wanna bet they were watching the show?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I thought that it was just a joke. The idiot dubbies making all the comments are making themselves look like complete asses on theyre own.

Can't you see them just wanting persecution, and hoping for the comments? It's kinda like Reinna only nowhere near as nutty.

• TD
    TD
    Soon the day will come that people worldwide can't ever say they've never heard of us.........

LOL...And this in JW speak justifies the imminent death of those people worldwide and makes the looting of their homes and possesions while the birds eat their rotting corpses more palatable.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

drwtsn's last quoted message reminded me of a "Ashleigh Brilliant" quote, something like:

"I follow every step of your logical argument, but do not arrive at the same inescapable conclusion"

Mind you, The dubs that I know would either find the show funny , or shrug it off....

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lolol - yep you're right. Dubs wouldn't bat an eyelid at a sketch presenting a Bible, they sadly believe their literature is more important (at least that's the impression I get). I was thinking about this the other day, and I believe that if the Watchtower phased the Bible out completely, the majority of JWs either wouldn't notice or wouldn't care.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think most JWs eat this stuff up. Being on the butt end of a joke fulfills several needs they have. It strokes their ego because it proves to them that people know of them and their preaching work and it fills the need they have to feel that they are being persecuted by the "world".

Inside jokes wouldn't work on his show or he could have made a joke about how long it took them to get there at the pace they walk or have them ask where the nearest donut shop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit