df'd and assemblies.

by ptrehearn152 81 Replies latest social relationships

• ptrehearn152
    ptrehearn152

hi and thak you all for your input so far, i know i might be going on a bit but here's another quick question before i have to go out, does anyone (jw or ex-jw) understand why my partner flattly refuses to tell anyone about her jw way of life? after all if it's as good as the jws say it is why keep a secret from our work colleques and friends, she has told me not to tell anyone about her having been a jw or her wanting to go back to it.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hi ptre,

I just read this thread now. Don't listen to Reniaa.

I am currently df'ed, with a 16 year old unbaptised daughter living with her father, who is an active jw. (But wouldn't be if the elders knew certain things about him....)

My daughter is CONSTANTLY being hounded by my ex, my idiot family and jw's in general to not have anything to do with me. It's a constant battle to stay close to her. And remember - she is not baptised and should be able to choose for herself.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi ptre

Identifying yourself as a Jehovah's witness is a big step, atm she is obviously still exploring the Possibilities.

Reniaa

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Big step? Please, only if you have doubts or are ashamed or don't want anyone on the outside to think you're crazy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Identifying yourself as a Jehovah's witness is a big step, atm she is obviously still exploring the Possibilities."

Reniaa

..More nonsense from Reniaa..LOL!!

Mrs.Jones has it Nailed!....

"Big step? Please, only if you have doubts or are ashamed or don't want anyone on the outside to think you're crazy."

Thats the difference between someone who Has Been a Jehovah`s Witness.....And..Someone who Pretends to be a Jehovah`s Witness!!.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, this shows what a cult we are in!

we live in a free country with plenty of rights, and Witlesses are the only ones "afraid" or "big step" as you say it.

when my mom was catholic, she was never afraid to tell americans that!

• nelly136
    nelly136

yes dfd pepes are allowed to go to assemblies, but as ren said the path to reinstatement is through the elders. much as dfd persons are allowed to go and i could be totally wrong here (so i'll just waffle and someone can correct me if i'm wrong) but i thought there was an etiquette to follow to do so.

eg. to go back to attending meetings or to go to an assembly you are supposed to make contact or aproach the elders first? as part of your reinstatement they will decide their chosen course for you to follow be it studying with them or attending etc ya i know anyone can just turn up but getting reinstated is a controlled exercise and a certain humility is required, its quite possible that an elder would have to say where you can sit and they may wish to do a quick special needs talk to warn the locals that an unclean is attending and to remind them not to wink wave etc?

if your partner is thinking of attending then maybe she should arrange it with the elders first if she is serious about reinstatement, to just show up without warning may not go in her favour. i know you really dont want to go, but should you let your partner go attended by her ex husband, has he checked that this is acceptable with the elders?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

nelly is mostly right.

so why would you want her to even do this charade for no reason. you got everything to loose if you love her (she has to leave you or marry you, and if you marry her for her reason's/jw's then your gonna give up more as time goes)?

• ptrehearn152
    ptrehearn152

i really don't know whether her ex has spoken to the elders about attending the assembly with her, at a guess i would say not, i have never met him nor do i wish to but from what she has told me about him he seems to lack intelligance (i'm sorry if that sounds big headed) so i don't think he will have even thought of that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

these days when people have less commitment to God it's hard to understand by the average person that never goes to church or has a belief in God, the right anyone has to worship and follow the God of their choosing. but I wish you well and <<<<RENIAA SAID THIS

Reniaa what do you mean LESS commitment to GOD or NEVER goes to church.How dare you state that
    .I do not go to church & I LOVE Jesus Christ.How dare you judge me. You who does NOT obey the WT but lies * lies about its damage it does to so many
    you have lied & lied throughout your being on the board.
    PTA I was a devoted JW for 25 years & because I could NOT believe Jesus came in 1914 they d/f me. I am 82 yrs old I made 10 people JW's & now my children & friends that I had as a JW are forbidden to speak to me. That should tell you how loving they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit