df'd and assemblies.

by ptrehearn152 81 Replies latest social relationships

• ptrehearn152
    ptrehearn152

hi newbie here, i have a question that is begining to bug me a little. i am not a jw or ever will be but my partner was some years ago and quite devout about the religeon then she was df'd for commiting adultry with another man (not me) who was not a jw, she got divored from her jw husband and left behind her 2 boys and went to live with 'the other man', anyway over the years her relationship with her 2 boys began to grow again and now she see's them once every 2 weeks, i should perhaps point out that her ex is a devout jw, she has told me that she would like to at some point go back to the 'hall' and carry on her religeon, i said that i dont have a problem with that but, i wasn't keen on the idea of her walking the streets knocking on doors due to the amount of hatred that some poeple clearly have for jw's and the fact that we now seem to live in a violent world, yes i know that jw's have to do so much 'service work', she has told me that she has not visited a hall since her df so therefore has not repented her sins as it were but on sunday she said that there was an assembly in our local vicinity (it's the annual one) and she would like to go. i found this a bit odd that someone who had been df'd would be allowed to go to the jw's event of the year so began to wonder if whilst visiting her sons she maybe did visit the hall to somehow show repent with a view to be allowed back into the faith. so, here's the question, is a df'd jw allowed to go to the biggest event of the year? please note that i don't have a problem with her going i just don't like the idea that she MAY have lied to me and i just need some info before i raise the subject again. thank you all in advance.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

You have a problem on your hands. She thinks it's 'the truth'. If she does go back and get re-instated you will find yourself under pressure to conform, otherwise you will be increasngly pushed to the sidelines and viewed as 'worldly'.

This is a cult, make no mistake, read about cults to see what your dealing with. She is now going back to the brainwashing program.

You'll get witnesses on this board telling you that all is fine and well and nothing to worry about, don't be fooled by the shiny happy people you meet.

All the best.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Sorry, about the lying. This is justified among witnesses. Its called 'theocratic warfare'.

witnesses believe they are involved in a spiritual war with the world (of which YOU are a part of) and the Devil.

• ptrehearn152
    ptrehearn152

please believe me, i understand to some degree about the brain washing and i know they try to give clever answers to straight questions in order to save the face of their faith and i do thank you very much for your replies but what about the the question, are df'd jw's allowed to attend the annual assemblies?

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Yes they are allowed , they are public meetings so anyone can come. Only difference for her is that she will be shunned if anyone recognises her.

That's about it.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi ptre

this is an anti-witness so the answers you get will on the whole be negative and demonising witnesses be careful how much you take on board as truth.

All people can attend any witness event (including yourself if you want to know firsthand rather than hearsay on here), I would say let your wife go and decide for herself. I assume she knows there is a process for reinstatement for df'd persons and she will need to deal with only elders till then but this is if she actively wants to go back and joins a local kingdom Hall?

Reniaa

• ptrehearn152
    ptrehearn152

thanks, i know that it may seem a bit strange but actually thats a bit of a relief in a way because at least i don't feel as though iv'e been lied to and really deep down i suppose thats what i was worried about, but there is one other issue thats niggling at me and that is the fact that she will be going with her ex-husband who is a devout jw and maybe i'm a little worried that if she enjoys it he may sway her back to the 'jw way'. maybe i'm being a bit selfish but i know that if she gets back to the faith i know i will become and remain number 2 in her life for ever.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I don't know about her ex jw husband, you probably don't have anything to worry about. But you are right about being 2nd fiddle if she goes back.

I was a witness for 20 years, my wife was a witness all her life and all of her family are witnesses. So i know first hand how things operate, no demonising just telling it the way it is.

Why don't you go to the hall with her and check out all the nice happy, loving, caring people down there as they completely ignore your wife.

All the best.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome ptrehearn . Are you married (only you use the word 'partner')?

• ptrehearn152
    ptrehearn152

hi reniaa, as i have previously said i don't really have a problem with her wanting to follow the faith but i'm afraid i will never go to any assembly or kingdom hall as i don't agree with the many rules and do' and don'ts that jw's have, for one i strongly believe that everyone in this world has the absolute right to free speech and the freedom of reasonable arguement and to choose what we believe in and how we do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit