Why I can see no reason to believe in Christianity

by free2beme 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I can still be astonished that some people think we have stepped away from Christianity because we've in some way been hurt or offended or made angry. No on all 3 counts.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

steve2

I can still be astonished that some people think we have stepped away from Christianity because we've in some way been hurt or offended or made angry. No on all 3 counts.

I believe you. I was responding to this.

free2beme

Please, do not turn your anger and supposed new understanding of the faith.

It's free2beme that seems to be angry with the likes of me

• free2beme
    free2beme

Here is a cool tool of Christian maniplulation. You act like a victim and play the "Oh I am sorry sorry I offended you game" and make you seem angry, when all you did is call them out on the truth of what is happening. Then they hope to get you to go, "Oh I am so sorry," and then go, "Preach preach preach," and they did their deed "HEAVEN here I come!" LOL

• shamus100
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Nice try Free2BeMe. It seems that it is not so much that you merely do not believe in Christianity, but that you hate Baby Jesus, and Christians too. How can a sane, good person hate Baby Jesus?

Haters. I hate them.

BTS

• free2beme
    free2beme

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My current feelings on the matter (and they are constantly evolving) are that there is much good to be found in the teachings of Jesus. But there is also much good to be found in the teachings of Buddha.

Both religions have their far-fetched silly sides and both have been twisted for evil purposes.

I see evidence of a higher power when I look to the wonders of the universe and I want to believe in an afterlife. But I have no concrete evidence that either exist.

Some call that faith, some call it wishful thinking.

One thing is for sure, though- whether death is the end or not we must live our best life now. We must sift through the sands of the ancients and find our own truths to help us live that fullest of lives.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I had a friend who killed himself. He was a caring and generous person, who probably suffered from some chemical imbalance that went undiagnosed. He was not JW, although he raised in a very dysfunctional household and experienced abuse and neglect. His parents failed miserably to teach him the tools to cope with lifes challenges and make good decisions.

Hence, when problems came along, he climbed inside a bottle and attemped to dull the pain. He was unsuccessful and spraled downward until he decided to end his life. He was agnostic, and never claimed Christianity as his faith.

I was quite distraught when I learned of his death, and happened to be listening to a local Christian talk show on the radio. I called in, to explain my friend's life and death and ask what kind of hope I could cling to for my friend. I was answered with silence.

You see, it didn't matter that he was born into a shitty family and learned destructive behavior. It didn't matter that I was treated better by him, than ANYONE else I've met who called themselved Christians. It only mattered that he failed to 'Accept Christ' (whatever that means) and therefore, he is without hope.

The realization of this forced me into a whole new paradigm. What kind of God writes off my friend like that? Not one that deserves my devotion. Where is the justice for my friend? It was then that I realized how absolutely useless Christianity is to me, as I would demand justice from a just God.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hybridous,

That is a horrific story, it pains me to hear it.

Realize that your friend is NOT lost and that Jesus and God were with him till the end, his belief being irrelvant to their love.

Many religions say many things, too many of them to get you in and keep you in.

God is love, the kind of love one can't begin to imagine, God loved your friend, as he loves you, through out his life and till the end, nothing would change that.

As a Father loves even his most wayward child, so does God love us and more so.

You can demand all you want from God, all he truly ASKS of us is Love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit