On a bad day..what do you find comfort in?

by lurk3r 32 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

A nice Cabernet or perhaps an edible

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'll put on some of my favorite music or sit and meditate.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok now switched to a chardonnay

• compound complex
    compound complex

Walk ... and walk ... and walk....

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I do my lying down alexander technique while listening to a tape - the whole sequence (15 mins) takes me back to a neutral state.

edit: the issues remain but my response and attitude changes

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

CoCo: "Walk ... and walk ... and walk...."

That is good advice. But there was a time I was so upset...and I did just that. Walk...walk...walk.

It was a blind walk. When I came to my senses a few hours later, I realized I was in an unknown territory, miles away from where I lived. It was like a jolt when I realized it was a bad neighborhood. I didn't even know what time it was but it was very dark and streets were quiet.

I found a payphone and called a friend. It was like 3 or 4 am. I had to go look for street sign for name of street where I was. When I told her...she said "OMG. Don't move I'll be right there. "

What a good friend. She came and got me and we went for coffee and donuts.

I had been having a really bad day. I was so cried out....and then it made me sleep for a long time.

• fern
    fern

My dogs definitely, or a hug from my hubby if he's not the source of my bad day.

• DJK
    DJK

DJK - What happens with ya during this period? Do you blank out? Absorb the feeling? Examine the feeling? Deep breaths?

I call it a TIME OUT. I try to TIME OUT when I find myself in a situation that will raise my blood pressure, before my blood pressure raises. If I can't remove myself from the situation, I remind myself that a bad day wont last forever, and nothing is accomplished by overreacting. That and a some music will lower the blood pressure.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Cameo:

Thanks!

Will pm my own similar experience later today. Back to bed for me now, as it's almost 4:30 A.M. [another comfort!].

CoCo

• chickpea
    chickpea

silence

impossible to think
    rationally in chaos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit