On a bad day..what do you find comfort in?

by lurk3r 32 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

How bout you Moshe? Following the tradition?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Usually, the best thing for me is a hug and snuggle with my soulmate. A nap is good too.

If my depression starts getting out of hand, I take 'Greens + Energy' and a protein supplement. I love herbal teas so a Chamomile is good if I'm anxious or a Peppermint, Black, Green, or White Tea, if I need a bit of a lift.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

"Greens and Energy" - comes in a bottle, you mix it with water or juice and drink it. Have i got that one right?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I ask 'who is it that is feeling this, or producing this feeling?' Then, i try to sense who. I rarely succeed in this effort. However, a byproduct is that i can generally stay off of depression's slippery slopes. It's a technique that is called self inquiry meditation.

S

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

You do this whenever you are feeling agitated or something Satanus? Say you had a bad day, and found out that you were the victim of some identity fraud or something, lost a good chunk of money. How do you pick yourself up?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Something that serious hasn't happened to me, since i've been doing this. I started last yr. I do it when my mind produces negative thoughts, or, starts racing. For agitation or anxiiety, results take longer. It takes a sustained, conscious effort,.many times during the day. That technique usually brings me back to a neutral state. Sometimes, if i'm too tired to put in the effort, i just go w it. After a sleep, i start again, if needed.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Today has been a shitty day..I`ve still got my dogs blood on me.........................Right now I take comfort he`s in a Hospital and I have a Cold Beer!..

....................OUTLAW

• musky
    musky

"My trusty vibrator"

That would be for your sore feet, right?

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Sorry to hear Outlaw! Details? it sounds serious. What kind of mutt do you have?

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

My bad...see you have a thread already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit