Jesus's Divinity

by PSacramento 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

JW's believe that Jesus is Divine. Not that Jesus is God, which they obviously don't believe, but that Jesus is divine, with the divine qualities of his father, as you thought, P Sacramento.

As for the New Covenant, Jesus is the Mediator between Jehovah and spiritual Israel, just as Moses was the Mediator between Jehovah and fleshly Israel.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Now if I am an apple tree, my seed creates an apple tree.

I guess the Holy Spirit is only "Divine" and not God either in your mind?

Matthew 1:18 (New International Version)

The Birth of Jesus Christ
    18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:35 (New International Version)

35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

God has begotten only one Son
    John 3:16 (New American Standard Bible)

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Strange how that Son is the exactly representation and image of the invisible God but yet isn't God in your estimation!

Hebrews 1:3 (New International Version)

3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

2 Corinthians 4:4 (New International Version)

4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

All the best,

Stephen

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the holy spirit is how Jehovah works to accomplish his will and purposes

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They believe that Jesus is a god.

They believe that Jesus is Michael, an angel.

Mainstream Christians view the JWs as polytheistic, as they believe Jesus is a god, but not the God. JWs typically reject the notion that they are polytheistic.

If a JW were to pray to Jesus at a meeting, this would be highly unusual and would likely warrant a severe reprimand by congregation leaders. JWs will quickly acknowledge they do not worship Jesus.

JWs mock other religions when focus on the baby Jesus. They focus on Jesus as the Great Executioner now reigning in Kingdom Power. Their Jesus will soon slit the throats of 7 billion people, to give the birds a feast.

In summary, JWs believe that Jesus is "Divine". However, they've (seemingly) re-defined what the word "Divine" means.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I would not generally use the term "polytheistic" in the popular understanding regarding JWs, because the secondary gods (from Jesus/ Michael/ the Word on down) all have validity only within the context of Jehovah, the Supreme Leader and Commander in Chief, who JWs must never exclude or ignore.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Spike, you mention that Jesus is the mediator between God and spiritual Israel, but Paul makes it clear that Jesus is the SOLE mediator Between God and Men, he didn't say specific Men or a specific group of Men and the only other why to tranlate that would be people and again not a specific group of people, just people.

He also states that Jesus gave himself as ransom for ALL.

What do you basis that view on?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    JWs typically reject the notion that they are polytheistic.

I rest my case.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hmmm, isn't believing that Jesus is "A" God almost going into the area of a verison of the trinity ??

I mean, God is God, jesus is A god, that's 2 types of God's right there...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

PSacramento,

Don't even go there. Pretty please.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

LOL !
    OK LWT !

:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest