What's YOUR Idea of Weekend Fun?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

''bungee jumping''

I remember how JW's used to trash this kind of entertainment, just wondering if they still do.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Mountian Biking, Riding the Harely, and Hanging out with the GF.

I can't believe no one wrote Field Service

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

music, TV, chilling out, good food, a good stiff drink and hopefully get laid or blown

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can think of a few--particularly if there is a place near it all. Montreal has some excellent places to party, while still being able to enjoy peace and quiet when you need it (including video arcades and disco clubs). Most of the hotels have provisions that allow people to make a moderate amount of noise without disturbing others in nearby rooms, so it is not going to hurt anyone else if people get drunk there (no drinking and driving, however).

Another good idea is going where there is an amusement park near a campground that allows you to experience nature. Anyone that is a day trip away from Portland, Maine, is in luck here--Old Orchard Beach, Maine offers just that. You are also likely to find these places in portions of California and Nevada (away from the megacities). In fact, you can go into a major theme park, if you are prepared to pay an arm, a leg, and a mint to get in and go on the rides, and to wait hours and hours for each ride.

Whatever you do, do not go to the Kingdumb Hell to check out their boasting sessions or participate in field circus. If you do that, you are guaranteed to ruin your fun.

• Badger
    Badger

Going to soccer games and standing the supporters' section

Waking up at 11

Sunday Crosswords

Calling my son, if he's not visiting

Playing Call of Duty until midnight

Reffing, if I have assignments

Posting on JWD...I'm going to take that hobby up again...

• boyzone
    boyzone

The weekend off work.

sunshine

music

family

friends

can't get any better than that.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Back from naked bungee jumping. I got the worse wedgie of my life. Wasn't fun at all.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Getting at least one day off work

emo - doing a 3 week stretch with no time off

• four candles
    four candles

Much the same as every one else,some good music,some cool beer,good riends and family. Last weekend we went to see Jeff Beck at Manchester,he was awesome!!!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Saturday = Witnessing in the morning and then return visits in the afternoon....evening Family bible study.

Sunday = Morning Meeting then Hall cleaning....afternoon mowing the Kingdom Hall grass...gardening, evening = listen to Kingdom melodies with a cup of Tea, and personal study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit