GB says they are NOT responsible for people acting on their counsel

by LUKEWARM 32 Replies latest jw friends

• leftbelow
    leftbelow
    THE GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

Now with 100% of the authority and none of the responsibility (actually it's always been that way)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The GB is not responsible for you being thrown out of your congregation and being shunned by your friends and family because it was your choice not to abide by the rules that they set.

That makes sense to me....

...and my dog...

......Maybe not so much to me....

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

rockmehardplace statement is so true,

"let's think about this. you do something that brings you before the elders then. the elders tell you what you should do. you do it and it backfires. your fault, you listened to them. now...try this. you go before the elders for something. the elders tell you what you should do. you do not do it. you get kicked out like yesterdays trash.

i get it now. you are screwed either way."

That personnally happened to me. First I receive counsel in how to raise my child. When that didn't succeed, then it was my fault. My child gets DF. The elders then tell me that my child "MUST LEAVE HOME". When I ignored the counsel I get screwed. Of course when the WTBS later changes their views of family and DF children, the elders do not correct the past hanging of the parents.

• ATALAYA
    ATALAYA

w98 3/15 p. 22 par. 15 Living Up to Christian Dedication in Freedom ***
    15 If a Witness makes decisions on the basis of Bible counsel offered by the Governing Body, he does so of his own volition because his own study of the Bible has convinced him that this is the proper course. Each Witness is influenced by God's own Word to apply sound Scriptural counsel offered by the Governing Body, in full recognition that decisions he makes will affect his personal relationship with God, to whom he is dedicated.-1 Thessalonians 2:13.

I think it is an excellent advice with biblical support.
    Many accused JW's for following men instead of God's word.
    Now this quote shows that every person after acquring knowledge is mature enough to make
    his own decision base on what he or she believe.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    make his own decision

GB: "If you make a decision that WE don't like, we'll take away your family and friends and steal your reputation. If we later change our minds and decide that we're wrong, you'll need to grovel and act like we were right, even though we were wrong."

• beksbks
    beksbks

Nausea, tremors, red eye..................................I really shouldn't read this stuff.

• Mary
    Mary
    If a Witness makes decisions on the basis of Bible counsel offered by the Governing Body, he does so of his own volition because his own study of the Bible has convinced him that this is the proper course. Each Witness is influenced by God's own Word to apply sound Scriptural counsel offered by the Governing Body, in full recognition that decisions he makes will affect his personal relationship with God, to whom he is dedicated.-1 Thessalonians 2:13.
    SmileysSmileysSmileys

Good example of why people like 'scholar' and Reniaa can speak in circles, contradict themselves and yet fail to see why this religion is a cult----they learn it from the top goons. The first sentence is a contradiction of itself. If someone has made a decision which is "offered by the Governing Body", then it's not the person's decision at all. The Governing Body members have made it for him and he better abide by what they say unless they want their entire lives destroyed. This is like the U.S. government trying to say in the 1960s "If an American makes the decision to let himself be drafted into the army to go and fight in Vietnam, then the U.S. government cannot be held responsible for anything that might happen to him. He is influenced by his own volition."

This of course, would be a crock of shit because if you were drafted into the army, you didn't have any choice but to go fight. The consequences for not doing so meant a prison sentence, so there's no way they could claim that being drafted was 'voluntary'.

The WTS loves to speak in tongues and this is a great example of how they like to rule everyone's life, but don't want to deal with the consequences afterwards.

These men are truly evil and I hope they all burn in hell for all the misery they've caused and for all the lives they've destroyed.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Same old WBT$ Crap......."Jehovah`s Witness`s have a choice"......The only choice a Jehovah`s Witness has..Is to do as they are told by the WBT$ or,face the Consequenses..

...OUTLAW

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I think it's about time someone went into the governing body's 'lair' with a shot gun.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

If this is the absolute truth as they say, why can't they take responsibility?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit