Sigh

by wantarevolution 17 Replies latest jw friends

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    is the bible lying here?

I think the Bible is a wonderful piece of literature as a guideline for ones life, but not a textbook. There are many issues with what the book tells us, and all religions (yes the JWs included) that 'base themselves on the Bible' pick and choose the parts that they want to follow.

IMHO, the WTS is extremely guilty of this practice because if the Bible is such a wonderful book, why has there been a concerted effort for 130 years plus to create 'Bible based literature' by a group of men in Brooklyn, in volumes so much greater than a book that does not change.....but they have even changed that book to suit thier needs.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No Renia, there are no, none, zero similarities between Jesus followers and the JWs. There are striking similarities though between the JW leadership and the relgious leaders of Jesus day- those fit to a tee. The captive members are simply followers of the blind.

• oompa
    oompa

What article is this on cults?.......#3 is just plain WRONG!.........jw love and that from other cults is not "unconditional"....you must be following the party line in order to get the love......AND it does not come from a "charismatic leader".....many cults are to big for a follower to even meet the leader(s) just like jws.......the supposed love comes from "fellow followers" that are brainwashed just like you..........not a leader

wantarevo.....i fell you pain....i felt like that for about 15 years or more, but it was just painful doubts all the time.......then the past two or three years i just could not take it anymore......being spoonfed bullshit by nice guys who you may really like as a friend does not change the taste or texture of the bullshit........so either learn to like it or spit it out.......your wife just needs a little bit of work you lucky, lucky bastard!!.....not much either........YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!............feedeom of thought and opinion taste very good btw.........welcome and good luck...........oompa

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi wantaevolution I understand how you are feeling.

That was my feelings also when they "ousted" me.
    I am SO happy they did now. I should send them "THANK YOU"
    cards because I would still be there following the rules & revelations
    of a bunch of old men in Brooklyn...Guilt is a very destructive emotion
    & will eat away at you ,so try to rid your mind of that. The WT IS described
    in the Bible they are mentioned as Pharisee's & Sadducess "Full of dead mens bones"
    Read about a very good description of them at Mathew 23: start at verse 23 & on & on

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

wantarevelution: Be true to yourself - THAT is one the most precious little gems you've stumbled onto there.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

wantarevolution wrote:

and IF the BIG A does come

Kind sir, PLEASE read Steve Hassan's first book, 'Combatting Cult Mind Control'. You'll discover that the fear of the Big A is an irrational fear, subtly implanted into you by WT. Your fear will melt away, as you learn that their doomsday prophecies are nothing new and as you learn of the fear tactics used by many high-control groups.

-LWT

• rebel8
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

Andy Dufresne: "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tkzc983aE0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit