This is what I've decided to believe...

by cognac 148 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

As far as god/satan type a thing...

A. I don't think I believe the bible is from God.

B. Ying/Yang type a thing. God and Satan are equal in power and God owns heaven and Satan owns earth. God can't do anything about suffering, etc because they are equal in power.

C. We go to heaven after we die.

See? My nice, neat little belief system has been created!!!!

The proof I have:

Absolutely none!!! It simply makes me happy to believe that.

Do I believe something else could be possible such as no life after death or reincarnation?

I believe it could happen because I really don't believe there is absolute proof of anything. I choose to hope in something else though.

ok, stupid thread. That was just on my mind... Move along now, nothing to see here!!!

• asilentone
    asilentone

thats okay, we are not here to judge you.

• cognac
    cognac

thanks Asilentone! If anyone says otherwise may I refer them to you to put them in line?

• hubert
    hubert

Okay, you started it, Cognac.

I am not very religious. My wife is, (so don't tell her what I feel).

I look at it this way. I was "nothing" before I got here....I'll be nothing when I leave.....maybe.

As for reincarnation, I have thoughts on this, too. I hope it's not true! Although I haven't had a bad life, I don't ever want to come back. Who knows where you'd be the next time? or what you will be, for that matter. I could come back as a starving kid in Ethiopia, or an antelope in Africa, waiting every moment to be torn to shreds by a hungry lion. And on, and on.

Do I really want to write and send this? No, but you got me started, Cognac. It's all your fault.

By the way, how's the baby?

Hubert

• cognac
    cognac

lol, hubert. I feel the same way about reincarnation! Don't worry, I won't try to convert you! To each his own!!! Everyone is entitled to there own beliefs and those beliefs should be respected!

Baby is doing great! She's a bit fussy in the evenings but she sleeps well at night. I love her so much!!! Can't wait for you to meet her. Do you know when the next meetup is?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    It simply makes me happy to believe that.

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks, Cognac.

Not yet, but I'll send you a p.m. when I find out, and also a reminder post to open your p.m., too.

I'll try to get the wife to go to the next meet-up to see your baby.

Hubert

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks Hubert! It would be great to meet your wife! I wish I could bring hubby. He's not there yet though...

• trueblue
    trueblue

Is it alright if I talk about your religion?

I mean I just would like to talk about it, I wouldn;t want to hurt your feelings or anything and if you do have the truth than talking about it will not change anything, will it?

Oh come on, I will let you talk about mine.

• shamus100
    shamus100

What's your religion called? Hmm... ???

You can believe whatever you want - and the nice thing is, as you grow you can keep changing your beliefs and not follow some men in Brooklyn that don't know theyre ass from a hole in the ground.

I am an athiest, but if something comes along to change my belief, I am always open to it. Besides, we will all see what happens WHEN we die. If it's just a dirt nap, then so be it. If it's the god of the watchtower that is truth, I'd rather take a dirt nap than serve that jerk for eternity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit