I would like to thank my children......

by awildflower 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• awildflower
    awildflower

Wow thanks gals. I'm happy to report my kids are fantastic. It has been quite interesting to see how much they have expanded their horizons about what is possible for them in the world now. I tell them all the time now, they can absolutely pursue anything they want to. It's been amazing how far we've come in such a short time

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Wildflower, wow! I hope you have shown your children this letter, to show them how much they're loved and appreciated. You've raised them well, and have a right to be proud of that.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I would like to thank Hugh Hephner.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Wonderful to read this. It is tremendously good that the real strength that Jesus taught --love-- awas the quality that kept you all strong individually and as a family. It is so heart warming to think about this. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

Maeve

• John Doe
    John Doe

Does the phrase "heart warming" make anyone else dry heave?

• Scott77
    Scott77

awildflower, thank for sharing. You are a good parent and mother indeed. I believe your children are lucky to have you as well. Please, keep up.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lovely post WF you certainly have been very lucky. I want to thank my now husband for helping me to open my eyes to the org and recover from the grief enough, to now be able to come and enjoy forums like this....I met him after I'd left and his patience and understanding together with his very clever intellectual reasoning was so beneficial for me. He now shares his family with me which in part compensates for the loss of my own.

Loz x

• awildflower
    awildflower

GL, yes my kids have both seen this. John Doe you crack me up. Nice of you to say that Scott and Loz, that is so wonderful!

I have to say since that letter to, I don't know if my kids "pray" or even if we all believe in a "God". But I tell them as long as their motives about everything come from a loving heart, then they are following a loving Source. That's all I care about.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Hello, Awildflower and Sweetpea (hi, Sam...)! I'm so glad this letter is back "on the list"! Isn't it moving? I remember feeling totally identified with it and reading it to my children as I choked up. Awildflower, I'm so happy to know you are all doing so well. What a wonderful mother for such wonderful children! (I've already posted the article I told you about yesterday, remember where my inspiration for the paragraph about my kids came from...).

• not a captive
    not a captive

John Doe,

I read your comment this morning when I woke up to read more happy responses to wildflower's letter. My children and I did not have the same story. There has been some painful after effects and resentment.

It is hard to express to wildflower how happy her story made me feel. Even a few short words.

I have read and reread your comment and realized that you too are sharing something on this post. I am not sure what it is. If my expression "heart warming" has put you and others off your feed I am sorry. I was only so very happy that someone shared with friends and strangers (myself) a happy (heart warming?) letter of the afterward of leaving. For so many of us there has been such a long and bitter after taste that it leave a little acid on their tongue. I think some dripped on me this morning.

Maeve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit