what was the worst advice you were ever given

by rockmehardplace 42 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

Not to marry my husband.

LOL I did anyway and we have been married 15 years and haven't been JW's for four of those years.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Just for starters..."you don't need to buy a house."

• outofservice
    outofservice

Hey Loosie-

Got the same advice we have been married 19 years both out for 7+. The funny thing is the elder giving the advice has been divorced for years. Aren't you glad we didn't listen to these crack pots?

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

"You won't find happiness if you choose to be worldy"

Look at me right now. I'm happier than ever. I've got a great wife and I'm almost done with school. I've got great "worldy" friends and non-JW family members.

The correct advice should be "You wont find happiness if you choose to remain as a JW"

I found true happiness after I stopped being involved with JW.

• oompa
    oompa

"you really dont need to wear a condom"......oompa

• asilentone
    asilentone

LMAO at Oompa!

• asilentone
    asilentone

omg, I have followed some stupid advices over the years when I was a JW, let me think.... ummmmmmmmm. I will post that later when I can think of my worst one.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

"Gilead? GREAT idea....."

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The worst advice I ever got from an elder was to not get involved in disciplining my step-kids. It led to me being viewed as an outsider to this day. Of course when all the crap with the middle child blew up and he started to nag about me I told him to look at his mom for I was not allowed to participate in his upbringing. So maybe it was not such bad advice? Ya it was, if I had more of a hand in his raising, he may not have turned into such a dope.

• donny
    donny

Come join us, we are the TRUTH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit