David resumes his walk this morning. Aubrey is recovering

by coffee_black 34 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/EastVolusia/evlEAST09063009.htm

On the road again this morning. Next stop St. Augustine... 54 miles...no shelter in between.

Aubrey still improving!

Coffee

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This happened when Aubrey first got hurt. Wanted to wait to tell you.

I have been telling my son about your grandsons walk and we have talked about homeless people since

and how it can happen to anyone.

My son builds houses, through the economic downturn, he did not build for three months, losing all his crew but one.

He hired a homeless man that stays at the VA. The VA fixes him lunch and off to work he goes.

The man has come here a few times, last week with his family to swim and cookout. He is a very nice guy.

Not completely sure of his story, but he just became unemployed and things snowballed.

So, it's small, but we are doing our part,

If you will relay this to your grandson, it's from him we got the inspiration and took action.

I love St Augustine.....beautiful city!

Glad Aubrey is improving.

purps

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You've got alot on....hope it works out.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

No shelter last night for David... he kept going until late last night. Started again early this morning. St. Augustine tonight. Aubrey is continuing to improve.

Coffee Who is tentatively starting to breath again.

• coffee_black
  • coffee_black
    coffee_black

Jacksonville: channel 6 today

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=140993&catid=3

He's keeping moving... making good time...

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Someone donated $25,000.00 in David's name to the Saltzbacher Center...one of the shelters David visited in Jacksonville.

Coffee

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Fantastic!

You surely are proud of him. I hope you are keeping a scrapbook of this.

HappyDad

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

He's in Georgia now...

Coffee

• blondie
    blondie

WOW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit