A couple I know were accepted to Gilead

by BonaFide 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Wow, MickeyMouse, good point!!! Awakened at Gilead realized AT GILEAD that something was wrong. So did AllTimeJeff.

So, maybe, just maybe, there is hope.

I already got a couple of tips from them, so little by little as they get ready to leave, I am going to bring a couple of things up. Hope it works.

BF

• cantleave
    cantleave

I am really pleased for anyone who gains happiness from the assignments given to them. I have friends who have been assigned as CO, Gilead Students, MTS etc. and they have loved it. I also know that some like Awakened at Gilead become dissillusioned by the whole experience. So I wish your friends the best and hope thier expectations are met.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

BF

Just to share my two cents, its impossible to say why each couple chooses this as a goal. I have known of couples like me and my ex who went for their own reasons, and they weren't shared. Communication is lacking with some couples. For others, it really is both their passion.

Liverance and Bowen evidentally are not there anymore, so it is possible in my view that the course has been tweaked. If it hasn't, and they continue to spout the same typologist BS as they have all these decades, then I think it a great chance that they will likely question some of it.

I dare say though, if they are happy, they are going to have to figure this out for themselves, together. Rest assurred though, most who go to Gilead don't stay beyond two years, and many come back never feeling the same. Whether thats about the borg or other matters. I think it an excellent opportunity for them to be honest with themselves.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I dare say though, if they are happy, they are going to have to figure this out for themselves, together. Rest assurred though, most who go to Gilead don't stay beyond two years, and many come back never feeling the same.

Why do you say that?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Shamus

First, because Liverance said so! LOL

It is a fact that most missionary couples permanently leave their "assignment" in two years or less. Well over half. Even the GB acknowledges this.

Figure out the numbers. A few years ago, the number per class increased from 48 to 56 for two classes a year. That means that there is 112 new missionaries sent out every year.

It's like a leaky bucket. Between the early returners, those forced too because of health problems encountered, etc, there is constant turnover.

I still can't quantify the ROI the Borg gets from Gilead these days, but it must be there for them to continue to prop this up....

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thanks, ATJ.

Did you ever post about your experience at gilead? How about you, AG?? I'd love to read about it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Shamus, just look on the first 2 pages of my post or topics started and you will find my life story and some comments I have made about Gilead.....

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Shamus, check out my blog post "A History of Doubt" on Freeminds.

• shamus100
    shamus100

http://www.witness-the-truth.info/restore/blogs/a-gilead-grad-s-guide-to-leaving-jws/index.php

Checking it out right now, AAG. Here's the link.

ATJ,

your thread has been bumped - great read!

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

They have been applying for Gilead for several years. They have a happy marriage, 2nd generation Witnesses. They have already traveled a lot. In fact, when I was a missionary, they visited me in my assignment. They just don't question the Society in anything, and as we know, as long as the blood issue doesn't come up personally for them, or they get into some kind of sin, then they just float along in the Organization. Now if somethingn bad were to happen to them, that might wake them up.

That's what happened to me when I got back from my assignment, I was treated bad by the body, partly my fault, and I was sitting in the elders meeting when I realized, hey, they are looking for a reason to delete me. There is no Holy Spirit here. Then when I was not recommended for re-appointment, I really started to think.

So we will see, with them, what happens. Good posts, people, thanks.

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit