What happened to freedom of speach/thought???

by jterfehr 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Refiner! HEEL! Come HERE!..... Good doggie, good boy...... HEEL! Staaaaaaaaay..... Sit!

Goooood Refiner... goooood booooy!!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Damnit...who let Refiners out without his muzzle....we best be catching him and putting a muzzle over his chops so that the sides are even

Now roll over boy.....thadda fella....

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

For public consumption

There is a freeway near me that is called the Michigan Autobahn. The posted speed limit is 65, but the actual speed of most traffic is usually 75-80. Nobody ever gets a ticket for going 70-75.

One day I was tooling along at a whopping 73 MPH. A cop pulled me over. He said the Governor wanted to crack down on speeding. He let me off with a warning. I wasn't even late for work, but there's a principle involved!

I was very unhappy. I protested the warning by carrying a sign to all city council meetings depicting my car with the engine removed. (That was a difficult--and expensive--picture to get, but I considedered it well worth the hugely important point I was making.) I decried the blatant unfairness of getting pulled over while others were going 74 or even (gasp!) 75 MPH!!!

I contacted all the local, national, and global news sources. None of the cowards would take up my cause--not even Morten Downey Jr, and he's starving for ratings!

I took my battle to the Michigan Supreme Court. I took all my vacation time and 25 unpaid days off to research and prepare my case. I argued that the gestapo-like state troopers were infringing upon my rights to keep and bear arms (don't ask, it was a convoluted argument based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the Constitution on my part, but I was hoping that I could drown the Justices in whine and make them buckle).

No dice, they brought cheese and had a grand old time.

When I threatened to take my case to the World Court, Amnesty International, GreenPeace, and Vinny The Fixer on 89th street, victory was finally mine! They officially removed the warning (which consisted of saying "get the hell out of my court room") and sent me on my aggrieved way!

Of course this is only the beginning. I will redouble my efforts until they use the International Space Station to create a laser-banner in the sky that the whole world can see, publically apologizing for wasting 10 precious minutes of my time.

Wish me luck,

Hmmm

• teejay
    teejay

Hmmm,

You're a nut.

That was one of the funniest things I've read all day. YOu oughta get it published.

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

Hmmm

Great sense of humor there.

That was humor right?

Well, if not then...good luck.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Again? Didn't we already go through this whole thing? Damn, I hate reruns. Where's the remote, I'm changing channels . . . .

• Valis
    Valis

freedom of speech has responsibilities that go along with it. Talking shit and acting like an ass in a forum where you know it will cause probs is chicanery....not voicing your opinion or sharing ideas that will help anyone. I say post up or shut up...no more bitching and complaining....post something that will further the discussion (relevance plase) or dont.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit