What happened to freedom of speach/thought???

by jterfehr 46 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I think it would be fairer to give them a warning and cancel the extra accounts and if spamming continues then cancel their account.

Wouldn't that be far better?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • jterfehr
    jterfehr

That is exactly my point. I am not sure what all of your idea's of spamming is, but mine is unsolicited advertising. JW??'s remarks are his ideas, not advertising, and they were mostly on topic with the point of this website.

Having rules like only 1 username is fair, and having rules about the number of posts per day is fair. They apply universally to all users. But having someone (even the "owner" of this site) decide what is acceptable discussion and what is not is where the problem is. Perhaps universal "rules" regarding this websites use are in order.

Suggestion:

1. Only 1 username per IP address.
    2. x number of posts per day.
    3. ect, ect

This list of "rules" could be posted for all new members to see when they sign up. I would be opposed to rules that limit what topics can be discussed, and how though, that is really where my problem lies.

I appreciate all of your input on this and realize that this site does infact belong to Simon, therefore it is ultimatly up to him what happens. But I hope Simon, that you will take my point of view (and others) into account.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Ok Simon, please find a post from me that actually broke any of your rules, I feel what you did to me was unfair, considering the various other people on this board that have attacked me and other people, and nothing being done about them. Please show me a post? I know I was only deactivated for an hour or so, but still, did I really break your rules, you set out? Or did I just annoy you with a post? I think in all fairness, there are other people that cause alot more havoc.

• larc
    larc

TH, get over it.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Point proven!

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

UNBELIEVEABLE!

Some people are simply starving to death for attention and want to DEMAND the whole world watch

Me for example.

I NEED to Get help.

WHY WHY WHY!!!! does noone understand me but me? I Demand to be a victim!

Please Lord I need to insult people. I can't help it. It's like air to breath for most, for me I need to CRY!

I am sick and tired of people not wanting to approve of my excessive use of the word F###. My forfathers died in battle just so I can say F### in anyones house I want to!

REDICULAS I SAY!

Its my RIGHT to say F### anywhere and to anyone and anytime I want and I will fight to preserve my right to say F###.

What else is there to live for if not to fight for the right to throw insults anywhere I want at my discression.

Its a worthy cause. I will go down fighting too. no one can tell me i can't tell them to F### OFF even if it IS their house!

I want to be a victim sooo bad I can't stand myself! OH PLEASE GOD SEND ME TO A WEB SITE< ANY WEBSITE WHERE I CAN CALL MYSELF A VICTIM! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!.

I can't get through the day unless I can complain and be a victim of something anything will do. I just need to be heard and argue about anything its what I live for.

OH, Sorry everyone. I'm typing to myself. This is directed to me and me only.

• Simon
    Simon

Nothing has been proven at all Trauma_Hound !

What ... if you don't get a response then it proves you're right? Maybe I'm ASLEEP ?!

I have already explained quite clearly in a separate post why you were deactivated and why you were then reactivated.

Copyright notice in posts

• ISP
    ISP

We have free speech/freedom.....you just can't abuse others either directly or indirectly. I think its difficult for those who are not on the board a lot to fully understand.

ISP

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Nothing has been proven at all Trauma_Hound !

That wasn't to you simon, that was to Larc.

have already explained quite clearly in a separate post why you were deactivated and why you were then reactivated.

So basically you shut me up, for having a different opionion. Simon there are lot's of people on here that get away with breaking your "rules". I broke no rules, in fact at the beginning I repeadity asked why a post I made was deleted, your MODERATORS ignored me, I got attacked for asking why basically, and you do NOTHING about that, even though it breaks your OWN rules.

Edited by - Satan on 20 August 2002 4:12:10

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 20 August 2002 4:13:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit