My Thoughts on Michael Jackson

by Dogpatch 25 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

Ack dogpatcch 'blame it on the witnesses' not the disfunctional non-witness dad that beat him up and forced him and his siblings to be dancing, singing puppets for his own greed, not blaming the talent to make vasts amounts of money and indulge every whim even if it included denying yourself the chance to grow up and be responsible. surrounded by lackeys that just want a slice of the money.

/sigh blind hate is so blind!

Reniaa

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I agree you can't blame Michaels problems on being a JW. I don't think you can say that the JW's didn't contribute to his misery though. A handful of JW kids have real childhoods. Jehovah's Witnesses expect children to function as mini grown ups. Jehovah's Witnesses put unreal expections on kids. JW's steal just about any kind of fun from adults and children. JW's discourage individuality. JW's cause children great embarrassment and stress.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Yiz is on a roll!

Yiz

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Interesting article:

MICHAEL JACKSON: Memories of my Childhood

by Michael Jackson

This column originally appeared in OLAM Magazine, a journal of Jewish spirituality. Reprinted here with permission of the editor, David Suissa. To read David Suissa’s reflection on meeting Jackson, click here.

When I look back on my childhood, it is not an idyllic landscape of memories. My relationship with my father was strained, and my childhood was an emotionally difficult time for me. I began performing when I was five years old, and my father - a tough man - pushed my brothers and me hard, from the earliest age, to be the best performers we could be.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollywood_jew/article/michael_jackson_memories_of_my_childhood_20090626/

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    But kept that fake smile on my face.

Why, Dinah, why?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Why, Dinah, why?

Inquiring minds wants to know...

Yiz

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Randy.

Beautifully written and very insightful as to the whys and wherefores of MJ's behavior. I relate completely. Intuitively, especially so.

My childhood forays into the arts were encouraged by my entire family. They were not JWs at that time. I became a Witness as a young adult and they followed. We all became so caught up in the "theocratic" lifestyle, however, that there simply was no thought given any longer to that refuse of the world.

I'm making up for lost time now, though I do not regret any of my time spent as a minister of what I understood to be the Good News.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• steve2
    steve2

A convenient take on the Gloved One, Dogpatch. Your one-note demonizing of his mother's religion is not as surprising as your uninformed idealizing of his attraction to Islam. The "truth" lie somewhere in the middle, away from your paint-by-numbers extremes.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

To be honest I feel sorry. I grow up with his music back in the 80's as a teenager. The psycograph of Michael shows a lot of thinks. He was a superstar at 5, while other kids in that age have a kindergarden life. For sure growing up like a JW, it was another negative factor, and with the combination of an abuse father, then we had the phenomenon called Michael Jackson.

He was obsessed with Eternity and childhood, that is why he had created Neverland for his own. To be honest I'm not sure if he was a child abuser, I find it hard to believe that, since he looked so innocent. Never the less child abuse is a serious crime and only time will show what really happened. I recall once Latoya said that her father sexually abused them. So if that statement is true then we can see why Michael was so mentally disordered person.

I keep his good music and let God judge him for any bad things he has done

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

from the article Randy posted

Interesting article:

MICHAEL JACKSON: Memories of my Childhood

by Michael Jackson

There was no respite from my professional life. But on Sundays I would go “Pioneering”, the term used for the missionary work that Jehovah’s Witnesses do. It was then that I was able to see the magic of other people’s childhood.

Since I was already a celebrity, I had to don a disguise of fat suit, wig, beard and glasses, and we would spend the day in the suburbs of Southern California, going door-to-door or making the rounds of shopping malls, distributing our Watchtower magazine. I loved to set foot in all those regular suburban houses and catch sight of the shag rugs and La-Z-Boy armchairs, kids playing Monopoly and grandmas babysitting and all those wonderful, ordinary and starry scenes of everyday life. Many, I know, would argue that these things are no big deal. But to me they were mesmerizing - because they symbolized, to me, a home life that I seemed to be missing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit