How key was "Releasing the Bonds" in your letting go?

by lurk3r 14 Replies latest jw friends

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Thank you Wobble. Very much.

Flipper - Your a good man! lol You make a lot of effort with your posts, and in particular your replies... Since RTB was put out many years later than his first book, I drew the conclusion that perhaps it had more updated information. Would you recommend reading Combattting Cult Mind Control first? Do you think it matters? At this point and time, I'm more interested in myself. Also, after reading these books, do they make you more aware of the way people in everyday behave or "work"? Perhaps even subconciously?

A bit of a pisser for me the other day. I had a close relative try to bribe me into going to the DC soon. It really got under my skin, but I let it go - after I brought it to their attention. It was a big light on for me. They were not even concious of how it may have sounded. Of course, they have a big heart and that goes a long ways.

Best Wishes in the pursuit of your daughter Flipper. I read your posts a while back and it would seem you have your work cut out for ya.

• flipper
    flipper

LURK 3R- The second book does have more updated information on better ways to get relatives out of the cults. It goes into it more in depth in my opinon. And the fact it mentions experiences of Jehovah's Witnesses being victimized by mind control makes it more informative in my opinion. But both are great books. They both disclose lots of important info on what mind control is. It might help you prepare for the second book- by reading the first one. It's up to you. Probably doesn't matter- they are both good. It will make you more aware of psychology and what is considered " normal " behavior as opposed to "cult " behavior- yes, for sure.

Thanks on the best wishes for helping my daughter. If we take it slow- and do it right according to Hassan's recommendations - in time we just may get her out of the cult. Just building authentic rapport and trust right now first. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• boyzone
    boyzone

Thanks Randy thats great, My order is in.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

CCMC was the book that opened my eyes. A Moonie cult is just like a WTS cult. WOW. Hassan knew nothing of JW's but could write right to me. RTB to me, is more of an instruction on how to help a loved one out. Just as important to me, but not as profound in reaching me.

• homeschool
    homeschool

Ok, I just ordered it too. From Freeminds.com & it was $29.50 total. Definitely less expensive than on Amazon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit