lonliness and the very real temptation

by ryan12 23 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

Billy you said it perfectly. I was just saying to a friend yesterday that I remember growing up in the org in the eary 80's and we were always doing something fun within the org. I had lots of friends we had lots of sports together, gatherings, sleep-overs etc........things have really changed! My kids didn't grow up with any of that in this org. And I was that one family that had everyone over! In fact, I remember being like 10-13 hanging out with all my JW friends and listening for hours to Michael Jackson! His death brought back those memories. But your right, 'Ryan', even if what your looking for is social activity for the most part, not even the JW's are doing much of that. In the beginning yes, after your baptized no. But welcome, you will start to make friends here and satisfy a part of that need!........wf

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Try an Episcopal or Liberal Lutheren Church. Your views of churches are pretty colored by the JW criticisms. Even within someone's own denomination, it's a good idea to shop for the right spirit and feel in a church family.

• cognac
    cognac

welcome! you want friends? goto www.meetup.com and go get some!

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

They are looking for people just like you. Lonely and vulnerable. Don't be fooled by them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit