Michael Jackson Baptised or Not ?

by Poztate 18 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

My grandmother knew his mom. I was told he was baptized but I don't know this for a fact.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Bethel brother who came to Lawrenceville said that Michael was put on public reproof for the Billy Jean video where you see him climb into bed with her. I just remembered that we asked the brother if Michael was indeed one of Jehovah's Witnesses. He said, "Yes, but he has been under reproof and we are working very hard with him." He did not say that Michael wasn't baptized. I am pretty sure he would have said, "He associates but was never baptized, but is under public reproof."

• minimus
    minimus

He was baptized. (You can't formally disassociate yourself in you were never a baptized member).

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I just watched Wolfe Blitzer interviewing Deepak Chopra on CNN

Deepak, mentioned Jehovahs Witnesses, and that Michael was intimidated going to the door with the magazines, something like that.

I was listening but not like I would had I known he would bring up JW's.

Maybe the interview will be on YouTube or CNN, it was live interview so it may take some time to get online.

purps

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I just had a JW post on my Facebook page that "at least now Michael will be ressurected because he was once a Jehovahs Witness"

Um...doesnt that particular honor go to ANYBODY who dies before armageddon? JW or NOT??? geeezzzzz...bandwagon jumping. They even want credit for the guy after HE'S DEAD. I wonder where all those gung ho JWs were when the guy was on trial for molestation? I betcha they WERENT going yeah...he was one of US once!

NOT!!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

According to JW doctrine, he will not be resurrected. He was dedicated and baptized witness that walked away from Jehovah. He does not qualify as he never returned. You should correct that person on your facebook page.

They don't even know their own doctrine.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

One of the smartest things Michael did was leave JW's. Now, if only Prince will wise up. You can't force yourself to be someone you aren't forever.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was under the impression that he was baptised and disassociated himself but cannot prove it. It is interesting that the Watchtower felt the need to include a public statement from Michael against his Thriller video.

*** g84 5/22 pp. 19-20 What About Music Videos? *** “I Would Never Do It Again!”

In another popular video, Thriller, the performer is seen to transform first into a “cat person,” then a dancing “monster.” Evidently not wanting viewers to conclude that it promoted spiritism, the film begins with the disclaimer: “Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult.—Michael Jackson.” Nevertheless, it was so realistic that some who saw it admitted that they were horrified at first. What was this short film intended to convey? And how does the performer, Michael Jackson, feel about it in looking back?

“I would never do it again!” says Jackson. “I just intended to do a good, fun short film, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what’s right. I would never do anything like that again.” Why not? “Because a lot of people were offended by it,” explains Jackson. “That makes me feel bad. I don’t want them to feel that way. I realize now that it wasn’t a good idea. I’ll never do a video like that again!” He continues: “In fact, I have blocked further distribution of the film over which I have control, including its release in some other countries. There’s all kinds of promotional stuff being proposed on Thriller. But I tell them, ‘No, no, no. I don’t want to do anything on Thriller. No more Thriller.’”

• aemale
    aemale

I did a little research on this topic and discovered that Michael Jackson had to have been a baptized JW before he disassociated himself from the Witnesses. If you want to know where I found the info. It was in the Organized book that they give unbaptized publishers. You first have to have had been dunked before DAed or DFed(Disassociated and Disfellowshipped). How did I find the book? Ironically I found it on the internet. Plus, Danny Hazzard ( who left himself) was there when Michael was baptized at the age of 13 or 14. According to him, he was(Michael, I mean).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit