..."You Know It`s the Truth!!"...

by OUTLAW 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...................."You Know it`s the Truth!!"..........................How many times have you heard that?............Jehovah`s Witness you know..Know you don`t go to meetings,assemblys or anything else WBT$ related......Still they feel the need to tell you "You Know it`s the Truth!.........................You tell them,you don`t..They insist that you do!!..You continue to tell them you don`t..............They get pissed and tell you:"Deep inside you know it`s really the Truth!!".......................You continue to tell them you don`t.......They simply won`t believe you.....Once your In the Truth,how could you possibly believe it`s Not the Truth??...........Is there no way to convince a Jehovah`s Witness,you do not Believe thier Religion is the Truth?.....And.....How many times have you heard:"You Know it`s the Truth?"................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• chickpea
    chickpea

dying at the Big A might
    put a cork in them... or not

personally, i would rather
    take a beating than attempt
    any kind of rational discussion
    with an "in-a-cult-but-dont-know-it"
    disengaged brain-dead drone...

c/p of the "was-in-a-cult-but-figured-it-out" class

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    "Deep inside you know it`s really the Truth!!"

My ex said that to me. I responded that deep inside I knew it was all a pile of shit.

The conversation went downhill after that.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

I tell them truth is in Jesus, not an organization.

Sylvi

• I quit!
    I quit!

There is no way to convince them. They have to come to the conclusion that it isn't the truth before they can understand your position. As long as they believe that it is the truth they will believe that only evil people turn their back on it. To them it is the truth and you knew it was the truth so how can you stop knowing something? In their eyes you still know it is the truth. You are just rebeling against what you know to be true evil slaving your way through life.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

This is my mom's favorite line. The only way to get them to understand you don't believe it is the truth is to tell them you are apostate. Even if you DA they may try to hold out hope but when you use the A word that is like a clove of garlic to the movie vampire..

I'm just not ready to be labeled by them and I am not going to label myself.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

It's very frustrating, I know, we ALL know..

The funny thing is.. well what is exactly is this "truth" that is supposedly true? Once you ask them this, they start elaborating on a bunch of supposedly "true" things that the Borg has taught them. But Jesus only spoke of one truth that would set people free..

• wobble
    wobble

My sister wrote to me and took a slightly different approach,reminding me of my theocratic activity in the past,public talks,pioneering etc, and saying :

"You must have believed it was the truth then"

She then went on to give me reasons that convinced her it was the truth, for a women in her sixties, life-long pioneer, I must say her reasons were amazingly weak, I thought she would have some solid stuff, I just replied,as kindly as I could that none of her reasons stood up to scrutiny.

But it is amazing that they cannot get it into their heads that we have proved it all FALSE, they really do think that deep down we doubt our own judgement, well I for one do not,as a previous poster said, it's a pile of shi*

Love

Wobble

• Heaven
    Heaven

Still they feel the need to tell you "You Know it`s the Truth!

Ask them to show you the proof in the Bible. Then you can say:

"No where in the Bible does it say the WTS is the Truth. What it DOES say is that Jesus Christ is The Truth."

• superpunk
    superpunk

It's a nice phrase, but what does it mean? Can the Witness who cries "YOU KNOW IT'S THE TRUTH" actually provide a rational explanation of what "The Truth" means? Or is it just a phrase that can be repeated over and over again, until it loses all meaning and just becomes some mantra that makes you feel cozy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit