Gran is ill, but still won't let me visit.

by LouBelle 24 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hope her response was positive

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Depends on the dub.

Exactly. Never shunned my child when it was df'ed. It cost me my elder position, but I chose it to.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There are end of life relationships that sometimes need to be mended. I hope u reach your Gran

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

wha happend - I would like too - she's getting on in years.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

The sad thing is, she probably won't get much support from the 'brothers and sisters' either.

I saw this over and over again, despite the rhetoric.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Morning Lou - I'm not sure what 'frail care' is - but assuming there are staff there. Could you receive updates from them, and maybe pass on your good wishes/love to your gran via the frail care staff?

The-Borg - yes, I too have witnessed lack of visits etc to elderly (dying) JWs. It's a joke - they talk about love and that they'd die for each other, but it's too much trouble to visit. But they all turn up at funeral - hypocrites.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I don't know what to say, so I'll just send a hug.

((((LouBelle))))

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The-Borg - yes, I too have witnessed lack of visits etc to elderly (dying) JWs. It's a joke - they talk about love and that they'd die for each other, but it's too much trouble to visit. But they all turn up at funeral - hypocrites.

Yes, perhaps - but on the other hand, when I visited my old folks at the nursery home, I could see that almost none of the other old folks there got any visits. We were the only ones visiting most of the time. I visited my family, so that is nothing to boast about - but I mean that these other folks very, very rarely saw any of their family members, so I think it's a very common thing, that everyday life and all we believe are so important things to do - tend to steal the time we could have spent visiting old and frail family members and friends, and that goes for non-JWs as well as for JWs. I don't think they are different in that aspect. Family members turned up at my folks' funeral that I hadn't seen in 30 years - and here we are talking about non-JW people, neither my folks nor my other family are or were - so this is common all over.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Oldhippie,

You missed my caveat about the witnesses. They say that they vist more, care more, love more.

The reality is they don't. What they preach, give talks, and is in the literature is far from the reality.

This is not the "the most loving organisation in the history of mankind" as they claim.

The Borg

• Warlock
    Warlock

LouBelle,

Go see her anyway.

Neither of you will regret it, especially Gran.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit