Gran is ill, but still won't let me visit.

by LouBelle 24 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I totally disagree with the shunning practise and even as a JW I did not think it was a godly practise and refrained from it.

My JW gran has been admitted into frail care because her legs and feet are going numb. I wanted to go visit her to offer help, be it financial, emotional, or even physical, but was told not to go as she still doesn't want anything to do with me.....Your loss gran.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

That's terrible....hope your coping okay. It is a great loss....I shunned my Sister and although I apologized and tried to make ammends...feel bad though.

• mouthy
    mouthy

How terribly sad. The WT has a lot to answer for.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

That is just wrong. I am so sorry.

• reniaa
    reniaa

wouldn't this come under the heading of necessary family business? I hope she changes her mind for you.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

depends on the JW reniaa...I have a friend whose kids refused any ontact even when his never JW mom was dying. They also refused to let her see her great grandkids. Depends on the dub.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Witness - I'm coping fine - I feel sorry for my gran - she needs help, but won't accept it.

Reniaa - I hope she changes her mind for herself, not for me.

• blondie
    blondie

So she told you directly? Is it possible she would see you but the rest of the family is keeping you away?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    So she told you directly? Is it possible she would see you but the rest of the family is keeping you away?

That's exactly what I was wondering. If you haven't heard it frm her mouth, then I'd give her the benefit of the doubt before she dies.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My gran won't speak to me directly period! My one aunt is "weak" and questioning the doctrines, we still see each other and I asked her to speak to my gran on my behalf.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit