Relapse: I'm considering returning to the Kingdom Hall.

by Blue Grass 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Joining a cult for social reasons - not unheard of.

Just be aware of what you're doing. If you find and marry a young woman who believes and believes that you believe, don't be surprised when the harness starts to chafe. You will have no one to blame but yourself.

Best Free Advice You'll Ever Get: You're young - take your time before jumping in and ruining your life and someone else's.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

There's something wrong with Atheist?

I'll have to quit hanging around my 3 year old granddaughter if that's the case.

pseudo

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

I think you should become a bit more educated about many of the fallacies the witnesses believe in - and i dont mean doctrinally (as i believe they have most of this right), i meant the ATTITUDE, before you get back into it, this was if you do get into it, you will at least be a step ahead, and be AWARE of certain things.

why cant a guy and a girl be alone in a car?

why make such a big deal about michael = jesus when the evidence is flimsy (even though understandable)?

just a couple ;)

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

I want to think everyone for their thoughts so far and also I just want to clarify that I still don't believe most of their teachings such as 1914, anointed class, views on blood, holidays, etc. I would be returning for purely social reasons. Even before I started studying I didn't drink, smoke, have sex, curse, watch R-rated movies, or go to clubs so I am finding it virtually impossible to find people to associate with. It's like I have two choices, be a hermit in my 20s or return to the Witnesses. The watchtower won't be controlling my life like other members because I don't believe they speak for God and I'd do enough to be considered 'safe'. Which won't be much by the way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you are worried about atheism, I suggest finding a regular church and going there. Go there and record or transcribe some of the sermons, with scriptural references. Then, try going back to the Kingdumb Hell and do the same. (Beware if you are not permitted to record or transcribe, because that is a sign that they are being defensive and have something to hide).

Once you have a few of these transcriptions, I suggest comparing the two. Chances are good that you are going to find some lies and specious arguments in both. But, regular church at least cross-checks with the Bible and does not unduly interfere with your life. Do some additional research with scriptures that seem uncannily matched to the situation, and do it equally with both.

That done, now is the time to ask. If God wants you to be happy, why are you supposed to be spending all your time in the blazing heat or freezing cold knocking on doors, exposing yourself to dangers and hardships, wasting your gas and time, and p***ing off most householders with the message? Anyone that is interested should be able to find all the official doctrines of the church on their official web site--if they are interested, they can go there and sign up, find a church in their locality, and become a member. No doors slammed in the face, no wasted gas and time running around and hunting for a house, no guns, no pepper spray, no dogs, no dangerous driving, and no suffering in the blazing heat or freezing cold. And more time to enjoy life itself.

If God wants you to be happy, then why are there so few real celebrations? At regular church, you are allowed to celebrate Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, and the patriotic holidays as you see fit. And, if you see fit to celebrate the Lord's Evening Meal, you may do so at your own home with family and a small group of people. Regular church also lets children enjoy their birthdays, without worrying about the two cases where someone was killed in a celebration. Regular church also generally allows people to listen to better music--without that "stumbling others" excuse to keep you from listening to a song that never bothered you.

The choice is yours. Even if you are going to remain Christian, you have the choices. You can read the Bible on its own, go to church once a week, pray as you see fit, enjoy holidays and festivals in their season, enjoy time off from work, go on vacation and not worry about being at church that week, and be able to fit in with society in general. Or, you can waste all your time going from door to door in bad weather and with various dangers, give up everything that means anything to you, and have to read the Bible with specialized books and magazines only. The choice is yours and yours alone.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, I will add that regular church has social groups that are not contingent on believing everything they teach. With the witlesses, you are going to have to believe everything they teach, even if it is blatantly wrong, or they will quickly drop you. Plus, the control is insidious--at first, it will not be that bad. Gradually, however, they will begin to expect more and more out of you--full time service, conformity to more and more of their rules, and ever more work. They do this slowly to make you think it's not all that bad.

Besides, there is always the group that is going to backstab. You miss a few boasting sessions, your hours on that time slip start to drop off, you are viewed as "weak". I wonder how much support that group will be once that happens.

• Warlock
    Warlock

If your mind is going to be put at ease by going back, go back.

Warlock

• Gayle
    Gayle

Look up local Christian Bible study groups and also young Christian single adult groups in your area. You clearly state what you don't believe as JWs do. Wouldn't it be unfair, even dishonest for you to get into a relationship with a JW girl and then later get into those issues that you don't believe. You'd be setting yourself and somewhat else up for heart ache. You definitely should not be a hermit, especially at your age. Get out and try those new areas of church study groups and young single adult groups. Try learning new things, taking classes of your interest. I am sure you will find many young people that you can be true and honest with.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

You are thinking of how you feel and what you want just now. Jump forward ten years from now. What do you see? JW wife? JW kids? You possibly DF/DA for 'apostasy'' for not believing this is God's organization. How will your social life be then? Will your own family be shunning you? The 'friends' you went back to have, will they be shunning you? You are going back on a LIE. Many of the teachings you find hard to accept. You want friends ......... then go and find real ones who have no conditions attatched. JWs are only your friends as long as you are part of the club. You will be taking a step back ward if you go back. What kind of life do you want for your kids? Please think long and hard before you close all of lifes doors to enter just one.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I'm thinking about going back to the meetings too. Sometimes I think we get hung up on right and wrong. Like the Paul Simon song says - it never helped us get along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit