My husband got let go from his job today

by mindmelda 18 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Well, I guess the title says it all. My husband got "let go" from his job today. That was the exact words they used. No reason, given, really.

We moved here to Texas 7 months ago to take this job, and now, no job.

My husband's mom, an ex JW herself, offered to let us come stay with her for a while. My husband could get some sort of work in the next town.

She has a fairly big house and is there alone with a very elderly and senile husband who she needs help with, and my BIL, who has a serious health problem too.

Who knows, this might work out for all of us.

Ironically, I just found out this morning that I got a job myself, but it's only part time. We could get unemployment (I applied Immediately and I'll know in a week or so) but it probably wouldn't pay all the bills. We just got a car! Used, but haven't even made one payment on it yet. We have just enough saved we could make the trip up there if we don't pay another month's rent here, but we sure can't afford our current rent here now that he's not working! $1000 a month.

All you praying types, pray for us! okay?

My husband is actually glad to be let go from this job. He hated it, and he hates living in the city. His mom lives in the country. We'd probably be happier there.

• rebel8
  • dig692
    dig692

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. My husband and I actually just moved in with his parents as well, guesthouse, to help with finances. So far it has been a real lifesaver, so I hope that things turn out well for you as well. All the best to you!

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry to hear the news... & he was feeling ill when he went today wasnt he?
    Will keep it in prayer

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry. But please tell him not to feel depressed, but view it as an opportunity to try something new, or get further education.

I have been let go from a job before that I hated, and it made me think about education.

Hoping the best for you!!!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Yes, he had the flu over the weekend. And he wasn't able to go to work yesterday, so he made a real effort to be there today.

This really came out of the blue. Just last month, they were telling him what a great job he was doing.

I think the company might be having some problems...don't know, but we've heard rumors. The boss seems to have a drinking problem...I've seen him drunk every time he takes people out for dinner.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear mindmelda:

I'm sorry that you, too, have been hit the same way as have so many others. It's a problem here, likewise, in California. Many of my formerly well-off clients are no longer so well-off. As a result, their economy affects all whom they once could readily pay for services rendered. Many of us are reinventing ourselves workwise.

I hope the move you must make will help.

Please keep us posted.

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm praying that you will find strength and peace of mind to cope with this.

Sylvia

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

So sorry to hear. Those "At Will" laws just royalty sucks.

I'm unemployed also and am drawing unemployment. You may wanna consider the same. Not sure if they can address it out of state though.

Good luck nonetheless,

Yiz

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry....hope things improve later. At least you have family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit