My husband got let go from his job today

by mindmelda 18 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    No reason, given, really.

No reason given!? That is just incredibly, incredibly wrong. I am sorry to hear this. Take comfort in this however, I read that the employment situation in Texas is probably the best in the country. You will be in my prayers.

BTS

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

No reason given!? That is just incredibly, incredibly wrong.

That's the reason why the "At Will" law sucks.

Yiz

• VIII
    VIII

Very sorry to hear that.

I hope it all works out for you.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I'm sorry to hear about your husband job.

My Husband lost his job, because his back is bad, they just let him go.

We had a disability Insurance and now they don't want to pay, we had to get a lower.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

"we had to get a lower"

Yeah, I don't doubt lawyers are lower.

*runs*

Yiz

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Yeah, we applied for unemployment, but by the time they take child support arrears out of it, we won't have much. My job is not that high paying and part time. We'd basically be on welfare because we still have two minor children. We don't know if we can get unemployment yet, even. The "right to work" thing means they can fire you at whim. But, that doesn't mean you can't get unemployment. It just won't be a lot.

Our best bet seems to be moving in with my mother in law in southern Illinois. She's got a big house and is elderly, taking care of two infirm people and actually seems to need our help. My husband and I can get lower paying work and still make it living with her, and we'd be eligible for food stamps, and maybe medicaid.

She can let the two ladies she has coming in at night to help with her husband go and we can help her with that.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Yizuman-----Yes Lawyers are lower on the list, LOL LOL

Thank You for correcting me, don't run away. I don't bite.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi mm,

Sorry to hear the news. Anyhow, like you said, it could even be for the better!

All you praying types, pray for us! okay?

OK that's me...

Done.

There is nothing to stop you asking too ;)

Anyhow, I'll leave you with these

Matthew 6:31-34 (New Century Version)

31 Don't worry and say, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear?' 32 The people who don't know God keep trying to get these things, and your Father in heaven knows you need them. 33 Seek first God's kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well. 34 So don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

All the best,

Stephen

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Figures, lawyers have BIG mouths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit