Thriller Movie "The Village" must be based on Jehovah's Witnesses!

by Witness 007 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

M. Shamalan's movie deals with a village of "Amish" type people who are too scared to venture outside the village since their "Elders' tell them the forrest is full of demons. They refuse to be "part of the world" and all medical care. It turns out the village is in a nature preserve in the 20th Century but the Elders had bad experiences in the world and made up the demons to scare the young villagers into never leaving! One woman does leave to find medical help for her sick partner, but returns.....freaked me out how "Witness" this movie was.

Have you seen it...agree?

• awildflower
    awildflower

I've seen it, love all his work, didn't think about it in that way before probably because I was still in and never made the connection! That's so weird that it seems so obvious now! That mind control is something else!...........wf

• Priest73
    Priest73

thanks for giving away the ending.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    thanks for giving away the ending.

And Bruce Willis is dead at the end of Sixth Sense.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I remember thinking the same thing-and I was "in" at the time!!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yes, I saw "the Village" cult movie.. I recommend you to see it if you haven't.. it had the bottom line of 'controlling with fear' to a group in an unreal world, surrounded by a real world.

• dig692
    dig692

Wow you are so right! I wonder if M. Night Shyamalan had JWs in mind when he came up with the concept?

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, I saw The Village back when it first came out on DVD. I knew nothing about it so I was completely shocked when I saw the ending. I really liked it. And I did wonder in the back of my mind if M. Night had based it on anything related to JWs. I didn't know anyone else that liked it. I assumed that I liked it because I could really relate to it.

I recommend it.

• dinah
    dinah

Yeah, we played a Werewolf game based on that movie.

It was more about information control and keeping the status quo no matter what the cost. Applies to all cults. That movie is an Equal Opportunity Thang.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Werewolf players...now that IS a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit