Thriller Movie "The Village" must be based on Jehovah's Witnesses!

by Witness 007 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Yes "The Village" is a big sublimal message about JWs. Other movies I found also to be, are M. Night's Lady In The Water, and Equilibrium. They both had elements in them that relates to the world of Witnesses.

• shamus100
    shamus100

This movie is sooooooo oldddd!

Oh my - the threads that were started here about it.

Holy freak, I've got to stop posting here.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I didn't know the Equilibrium was an M Knight movie. Makes since to me now. Both movies are basically the same formula in different settings.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I love the movie. I don't think it singles out JW's in particular, I think it represents all Cults as a whole and how controling they are.

I'm a proud member of the werewolf cult!!! I think we are going to try to have a game over here again and try to recruit some new members! lol

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I totally saw the connection when I saw the movie. I pieced it together right away. It is so true. I have even used the analogy to my friends when I describe the org.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I totally saw the connection when I saw the movie. I pieced it together right away. It is so true. I have even used the analogy to my friends when I describe the org.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Yup gave me flashbacks on the KH and the Elders immediately.

• startingover
    startingover

When I heard about the movie and it's contents, I really wanted to see it. I rented it and my JW wife happened to have some JW friiends over the night we were going to watch it, so we all watched it together. I knew what the ending was but not how it arrived there. So I really enjoyed the movie but it made it even better as I watched the guests reactions.

When the creatures appeared they started making comments, like who recommended this movie, etc. Typical paranoid JW stuff. I just kept my mouth shut as I knew what was coming.

When it ended, I didn't say a word, and neither did they. But I'm sure they felt a little foolish with their comments.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I saw it before I had my awakening and it really struck a chord with me. It demonstrates how easy it is to manipulate people in a closed environment.

• loosie
    loosie

I couldn't stop thinking about the JW's while watching the movie. Funny thing is a friend of mine who was never a JW... her first thought was JW's when she saw that movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit