Crafts

by mrsjones5 22 Replies latest jw friends

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

My wife's Mom had 4 daughters in the same age bracket and she wanted them to be busy all the time so as not to remain day dreaming. As a result she is now very skilled at knitting, crocheting mats, etc. On top of it she's such a generous person that she would readily give them as presents to the many sisters in the congregation (incredible how many friends she has in these instances...) who marvel at her work, if I weren't watching and telling her that she must keep some for herself (made a beautiful crocheted blouse cover, lately) and her children.

• loosie
    loosie
    (incredible how many friends she has in these instances...) who marvel at her work

I know what you mean. My mother made a baby blanket for almost every baby in the hall. She got invited to all the baby showers. But she would get mad when after she gave the baby quilt gift they never invited over for dinner or associate in any way with her.

Well that taught me that I will only knit a gift for my friends, if they were friends before they knew I could knit.

• Scully
    Scully

Josie, check your PMs... i've sent you my Ravelry alias if you want to add me to your buddy list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit