Are you UNDERSTANDING towards Second, Third, and even Fourth-generation Witnesses on this forum?

by BonaFide 38 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Scarred for life, I am glad you have a nice wife and daughter. If I had that, I would definitely be more willing to jump ship.

BF

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

GeorgieGirl, I like that song. Answering your question, in five years I would love to be married with children. No way I would raise them as Witnesses. I am not a young kid though, I thought Armageddon was coming so I put my family life on hold.

Outlaw, you got guts.

Purplesofa, I am in school, besides working, so I hope that turns out.

We'll see.

BF

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Bonafide:

I'm a woman . I have a husband.

You will never find a girlfriend or wife at the Kingdom Hall. You don't even believe what they are teaching. You have a chance outside in the real world. I'm not saying that you definitely will find someone but your chances are exponentially higher out in the real world. I guarantee it.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Scarred, my apology. I do wonder how to go about finding someone understanding of what I spent my life doing. If they were'nt a JW, how could they? I want to get married, but after a certain point, don't you have to connect on a deeper level? I only have one level.

BF

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Bonafide:

I agree that a person that has never been a JW never understands totally what it's like to have been a JW. I know my husband doesn't. But whan you start a new life, you begin other facets of your life. New hobbies, new ways of spending your time. Your future wife would be someone that you share your new life with.

The reason that I come to this board is because all of you are the only people I "know" that understand what it is like to have been JW. We will still be here even if you make the decision to completely fade from the WTBTS. We can talk about all that stuff for the rest of our lives and vent and laugh about all of it.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I have no family that are JWs, I entered the faith on my own.

Having been around 3rd and 4th generation JWs I can understand very well where you are coming from. Some of these families are defined by their JW lifestyle. Without it they would have a tremendous social loss in their life.

I'm sure that for some simply believing that older family members made a mistake by joining the JWs can be very hard. Some of the "old timers" are made out to be hereos in one way or another. To admit it is not the truth may feel like disrespecting their legacy in a way.

That being said I still don't believe that the JWs family/social bonds are that strong. The group tends to pit people against one another. I saw many families torn apart because of internal power struggles and bickering. Each situation is so unique its hard to define typical cases.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

BF , please receive a few words from me (not very "english" words )

I read your first post...

what happens now , is from Jehovah"s hand !

Jehovah doesn't require to his believers to quit worshiping Him ! He requires to do it according to the truth !

and the "truth" He delivered through His Son . It is the love for truth that may "educate" an long-time worshiper of Jehovah what to do in the present circumstances.

as purplesofa said , the aim may not be to leave the wt with any price , but should be to obey Jehovah with all our power... and doing that , surely, a fight is aproaching at horizont....

the real problem teached specially by Bible prophecyes is that the wt org. is not the "Kingdom of God"

the judgement started at God's House in autumn 2005 and it is going for 10 years , and Jesus command for us is to "seek God's Kingdom"...

the present living generation have to leave this wt organisation in order to enter in God's Kingdom( because the wt is ready for distruction by Jehovah Himself)

well, the first ones entered on kingdom will have some priviledges , but Jehovah does not forget his sheep (sincere ones as you who cannot live without faithfull relatives in ) and immediately after spring 2012 He will proceed to make free them as He made free his people back in Egypt ... see Micah 7:15.( tell to your relatives this verse and ask them what do they think that means ? )

the true knowledge of God's word together with your own fath in it may act as comfort and as a preparation for the future battle....

let you be interested in God's word as Jesus teached , and believe his word

the actions going on with this org. and its members represent Jehovah's judgement over/on/with his people which include destroing the "weeds" and their wt organisation and slavation of those who "tremble at his Word"

wantingtruth

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

hey bonafide, i left the jw`s and have a beautiful wife and children, she was never a witness,she understands....dont but your own limitations on others,you will be suprised. the watchtower wants you to think that worldly people think your crazy, that they dont understand you.

i have a friend born into the jw`s left in his middle thirties is chat up line was

"i was born into the jw`s now even my own mother won`t speak to me" the ladies loved it. so like my last comment if you want to leave do it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I was a 4th generation JW. I can't say I have ever made that connection, unless you are referring to strictly family ties. I think the premise would be accurate to anyone who was born and raised in "da troof". I don't think it any more or less hard to leave. It's hell no matter how you cut it.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I became a JW when I was 13 along with my father and stepmother (I suppose that makes me a first- and second-generation JW at the same time). In Bethel I met a lot of young full-fledged 2nd-generation ("born in") and a few 3rd-generation Witnesses (in France in the 70's and 80's they were quite rare), and I learnt a lot from them in an unexpected way: I found out most of them were actually much less narrow-minded, committed, zealous than I was when I got there. Incidentally they put me on the exit track -- but they stayed.

I don't know if I am understanding or not, but I wonder whether (or how much) understanding helps. I had no contact whatsoever with anybody out of the organisation (besides the unrelated books I was reading and the people I was meeting in FS and Bible studies) until the day I was df'd. Leaving was a jump into the unknown. It was tough but relatively simple as I had only one living "audience" to conscientiously relate to: my JW world.

Internet xJW forums are certainly helpful in a number of ways. JWs who consider leaving know that they are not alone, they can connect to a new "understanding" community, benefit from their experience and research and so on. But when you get on here while still a JW, you then have to relate to (at least) two antagonistic audiences with different assumptions, values and expectations. And depending on your psychological structure this can get very stressful and confusing especially if the "dual membership" goes on for months or years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit