Do you tend to be a 'keeper' or a 'leaker' ?

by Gregor 20 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Definitely a LEAKER

• chickpea
    chickpea

i try to be uninvolved!
    most often i would deflect
    the opportunity to listen to
    anybody's bitching or gossip
    about another person...
    "why are you talking to me
    about that... you need to talk
    to the person involved!"

but if i was privy to info...
    you didnt hear it from me

• oompa
    oompa

leadlips.......and thand for those who did the same for me.........oompa

really......thanks.....

• m.seagull
    m.seagull

leaker unless someone specifically tells me, 'don't repeat this'

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

A keeper, definately. I think it's a breach of trust to reveal private information to others. I will always keep the secret private (unless it's a serious crime of course).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Beks!!!

• wobble
    wobble

I only leak when it has become more generally known, I have to hear someone else saying it first,there are a number of things I have never told to another soul,because they really were in confidence,the people concerned trusted me, so I didn't leak.

Boy, does the beer leak sometimes though, just like Outlaw.

Love

Wobble

p,s Outlaw where is that Dog ?

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think there is a difference in how one keeps a "small confidence" and I tried to give examples above. When one is told a "Major Secret" I think most of us are keepers. As a former elder I had no problem keeping major secrets, one of the few things I have to be proud of as an x-elder. I guess this subject could just as well have been titled "Do you engage in petty gossip?"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, I don't have a wide circle of friends or aquintances where it would be profitible to do so and even if I did I think it's completely rude to gossip no matter how petty. I've been on the recieving end of gossip (and I've been gossiped about) and I tend to wonder if the gossiper is talking about me behind my back...I tend to believe that to be so.

Josie

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm a keeper, its in a tomb with me....I believe in extreme loyalty to friends....

h4o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit