DC 2009 “NEW SONGBOOK” Details.

by Pineapple 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

DC 2009 “NEW SONGBOOK” Details.

The New songbook entitled “Sing to Jehovah” will have 135 songs, 42 which are new. Jehovah’s Witnesses start using these "beautiful melodies" in January 2010. Cong may order and begin receiving them after September 1st.

25 years have passed since our last songbook.

Expressions like “the new order” are no longer used but rather “the new world”

Love, Joy and Peace are not “fruits of the spirit” but are rather aspects of the fruitage of the spirit.

Jehovah’s name will be “sanctified” not “vindicated”

There is a new song about Children

New song about Women

New song for the Elderly

New songs to help with discouragement from our imperfections.

2 new songs for Kingdom hall construction projects.

2 new songs for Christian Weddings

New lyrics have been made for familiar melodies that (due to subject matter) had previously made them less useful. The new lyrics have been composed with a view to making the songs more useable.

Unfamiliar expressions have been replaced and awkward words have been removed.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

What color is the new Songbook?

• besty
    besty

the color is 'Hearing Aid Beige' to most appropriately match the demographic of the user

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I am skeptical of this.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Only the Watchtower Society would think that a song could "help with discouragement".

• fokyc
    fokyc

Can't see anything, what details?

fokyc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Beautiful? I am willing to bet that those songs are going to be at least as crappy as the 225 Kingdumb Maladies we have currently. Songs about Kingdumb Hell projects? ! Help with discouragement from imperfections? How many children are born with envy, laziness, and/or dishonesty? I don't think children are born with those traits, which are the only things I recognize as sin. These traits are acquired, usually when religion forces children to close their minds to the fact that they are morally perfect so they can fit into the guilt cycles. The churches are the only ones to benefit from this, because that money you put on the collection plate or in the boxes helps assuage the guilt.

New song about women? You mean second-class citizens, which the Washtowel Slaveholdery treats them like? And the elderly--who are putting in $20 bills into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund like they are going out of style when they cannot even pay their own bills? I have found that the witlesses are quick to dump the elderly once they become useless--I have heard of a "sister" getting charged $5 per way to the boasting sessions, who was just barely making it. And they have the nerve to write a Kingdumb Malady about them. The way they treat women, they might as well use the same misogynic terms that are used in rap songs. At least the rap music is honest, and often does not reflect the way the rappers treat women.

I can hear it now. "With such beautiful (??) songs, who needs worldly music?" Teenagers are going to be hounded to get rid of their good music and replace it with this s***. Studies are going to be told the same thing. What is happening in reality is that the songs are being narrowed. There are 90 fewer songs total now than before, with 132 being retired and 42 added. And tamper with the wording of a few other songs--and call it a "new" song book. I wonder how soon it will be when we have the apostate versions posted online.

• Derde
    Derde

I

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I would like to see the lyrics.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

2 new songs for Kingdom hall construction projects.

One of these is called "Working In The Coalmine"
    The other is called "Back On The Chain Gang"

You mean words like "o'er" and "e'en" don't exist anymore? I hope they got rid of that shitty "From House To House" song. Wait, what do I care? I haven't been to a meeting in 13 years!

I'm also guessing that we should throw away our old Kingdom Melody CDs since they now qualify as "Old Light". Funny how that works. Maybe we should throw out our old Green Day albums when they put out a new one.

A good song lives on through the decades. I guess the Kingdom Melodies that have been scrapped over the years weren't really good songs after all, since they haven't bothered to re-release any of the ones from the 1950s on CD. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I have an entire set of the old songs from the 1950s.

Is there a Kingdom Melodies discography anywhere? I'd love to see it.

And only 135 songs? That's almost half of what they have now! If I only had 135 'approved' songs to listen to, I'd go nuts. These 135 tunes will become more annoying because they'll be played more frequently. How much you wanna bet that the limited numbers of songs were to cut costs on CD and paper production?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit