DC 2009 “NEW SONGBOOK” Details.

by Pineapple 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Unfamiliar expressions have been replaced and awkward words have been removed.

Hearing that at the devival talk had me wondering, why did they put those in there in the first place?

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

"New World" instead of "New Order"? What's the difference?

And if I remember correctly at least some of the songs will be available online (jw.org) on September 1st as well.

jabberwock

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

New Order made real music that resonates down through the years. "Everytime I see you falling I get down on my knees and pray...." The New World Society made irritating insipid little jingles.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

They have been merged so you can look forward to the "New World Order".

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

wow. I only experienced about 3 years of the 3rd songbook. I was around for the old old green one, My favorite song from that one was Rejoicing Rejoicing, which got removed because it sounded too churchlike. I thought it was really cool when the pink one came out which i was still a kid. this one was the one i grew up on, favorite song from it. We're Jehovah's Witnesses. It was playing when I got baptized when I was 15, much too early to make that decision, but I thought it would turn me into a heterosexual. I guess they should have held me under longer. then brown one came out just before I left. no remember any of the new songs from it really, kind of remember the tunes, but not the words. won't be getting this one. i need to get my mom to send me a pink one, just for old times sake.

• inkling
    inkling
    awkward words have been removed.

awww, those where my favorite parts!

lets here it for "ig-no-miiiiiiin-iously"

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

My partner (a nevawazza) was looking over my shoulder as I clicked on this post and said "how the heck can they sing about Kingdom Hall construction projects", then he started ad-libbing a song about putting up scaffolding and brick-laying... I'm going to die laughing, BWAHAHAHA!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

all those wonderful kingdom melodies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit